News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Charles Manson is dead

Started by Dave, November 20, 2017, 06:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on November 21, 2017, 12:16:16 PM
Supposing an AI were to decide judgement . . .

...perhaps then Justice would truly be blind.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

My problem with the death penalty is that there's no good use for it. You have a dubious case you risk killing an innocent person. You have a clear cut case, the vast majority of the time the person is looking to be made a martyr. It's lose/lose.

Tom62

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 22, 2017, 01:23:51 AM
My problem with the death penalty is that there's no good use for it. You have a dubious case you risk killing an innocent person. You have a clear cut case, the vast majority of the time the person is looking to be made a martyr. It's lose/lose.

True, but locking someone up for a very long time isn't a solution either, unless there are ways to cure the person safely and permanently.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 21, 2017, 11:57:46 AM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 21, 2017, 10:54:32 AM
I'm not averse to the death penalty, apparently it's cheaper to keep them in jail than to kill them but I think there's room for some cost cutting in that equation.  It's not really a big issue for me though.

My point would be killing and brutal incarceration are both unpleasant options.
There are brutal people to be dealt with though.
I think I'd choose a quick death.  Guillotine seems quick and less prone to failure than most of the others. 

If you were imprisoned for life, there would be plenty of options to get yourself killed without the state doing it officially.  You could kill yourself, you could piss off another inmate or gang of inmates,  you could attack a guard and get shot, or try to escape and get shot.  The options would be endless if you didn't want to spend 40 years behind bars.

You say "You could kill yourself" and then offer three hit and miss ways to get someone else to kill or damage my precious self.
Endless ways, I could gnaw into my wrist I suppose.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 21, 2017, 11:57:46 AM
Don't let the state kill its citizens officially, but giving them the option to kill themselves is acceptable. 

They take away your shoe laces and design cells so there's nowhere to tie to.
I don't agree with this officially/unofficially shit, government should own their actions.
They're taking a persons life away one way or another.

"Don't let the state kill its citizens officially!"

Government own your actions, Transparency!

We're getting nowhere with this, I challenge you to a battle of placards in the square, lunchtime tomorrow.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Of course it's OK for the State to officially kill citizens of other states.

What kind of weird fuck are you to even ask that?

I was asking for a friend, well not really a friend, less than an acquaintance really.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

SisterAgatha

I shall pray for his soul, and hopefull he made it to purgatory.

Such a sad sad man

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 22, 2017, 09:56:20 PM

Such a sad sad man
Well, this is interesting.
You will pray so that Charles Manson's soul makes it to the purgatory. Tell me again, SisterAgatha, where is it that your god tell you The Happy Atheists will go (directly) after they/we die?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

SisterAgatha

Quote from: Magdalena on November 22, 2017, 10:29:05 PM

Such a sad sad man
You will pray so that Charles Manson's soul makes it to the purgatory. Tell me again, SisterAgatha, where is it that your god tell you The Happy Atheists will go (directly) after they/we die?

We don't know where atheists go and it's not where you think.

Up until the last moment,...they have a chance to say they are so sorry

There is hope for all of you but Id get on board soon..

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 22, 2017, 11:03:54 PM

Such a sad sad man

First of all, "We?"
Who is, "We?"
Is it you and your imaginary friend who tells you what you want to hear all the time?

Second, what are we supposed to be sorry about? --According to you and your imaginary friend.

and...

D.
QuoteThere is hope for all of you but Id get on board soon..
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I wrote the whole thing using bag grammar, puntuation and spelling so that you would understand me.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Tom62 on November 22, 2017, 05:07:09 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 22, 2017, 01:23:51 AM

True, but locking someone up for a very long time isn't a solution either, unless there are ways to cure the person safely and permanently.

It's not perfect but it stops them from becoming what they want.

Tank

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 22, 2017, 11:03:54 PM

Such a sad sad man

That's such an unbelievably stupid statement  :rofl:

SisterAgatha

This constitutes trolling "There is hope for all of you but Id get on board soon.." on an atheist forum. You've had one break for trolling, do you want another longer one?

Tank
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.