News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Thoughts on Hell?

Started by SisterAgatha, October 02, 2017, 03:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Oh dear me... I am doing such a poor job of explaining Hell to you.

Father Rippergar can do such a better job than I can:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5krCDgEj8

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 16, 2017, 05:32:36 PM

Father Rippergar can do such a better job than I can:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5krCDgEj8

I'm confused, is he describing hell or is hell having to listen to his boring, monotone voice read some shite?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

No matter whose recipe you use for trumped up pie, it's still very much a delusion.

xSilverPhinx

Take control of your fear, Sister Agatha.

I would love to perform a skin conductance test on you before and while you listen to the babble you post here. Descriptions of scary after-life places, boogey-men (time to outgrow them, dontcha think?) and eternal torture. I'd bet your results would be off the charts!

Is this the 'good news' you're so keen to share with nonbelievers? :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 17, 2017, 02:36:14 AM

I would love to perform a skin conductance test on you before and while you listen to the babble you post here. Descriptions of scary after-life places, boogey-men (time to outgrow them, dontcha think?) and eternal torture. I'd bet your results would be off the charts!

I would love to watch that, I'm a sucker for science.   :watching:

On a different note, it really doesn't matter who explains a thing - junk is junk, no matter what the delivery system is.  I could have Greek myths read to me by Jim Carrey and Morgan Freeman and, while I'd certainly enjoy the Freeman reading more, the myths themselves would still be junk. 

Same goes for Xtian myths.  The only difference is in the entertainment value, in which Greek myths exceed Xtian myths.  But then most non-Xtian myths exceed the Xtian ones in entertainment value, Xtians have always seemed to suffer from a serious lack of imagination.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 16, 2017, 05:32:36 PM
:therethere:
There, there, Sister Agatha, it's not you, it's us, we got strong antibodies against such diseases. --That's all.  :devil2:

Also, how do you know so much about hell? :eyebrow: Have you ever been there?  Do you know anyone who has ever been there? :eyebrow: Why are you around people who have been to hell, and back? :eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Gnostic Christian Bishop

My thought are mimicked in this link. Basically, it is an invention of the church to help theists part with their cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

Regards
DL

Pasta Chick

Damn, I go away for a bit and miss all the excitement...

I for one would like to know exactly what the Bible says about us all getting sparkly bodies.

It sounds fun, in a Kurt Wild who definitely not supposed to be Iggy Pop sort of way.

(super NSFW)

hermes2015

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 05, 2017, 02:14:23 AM
Damn, I go away for a bit and miss all the excitement...

I for one would like to know exactly what the Bible says about us all getting sparkly bodies.

It sounds fun, in a Kurt Wild who definitely not supposed to be Iggy Pop sort of way.

(super NSFW)

Now I'm determined to keep on sinning.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant