America 34%
Native American 34%
Europe 53%
Iberian Peninsula 30%
Scandinavia 8%
European Jewish 6%
Trace Regions 9%
West Asia < 1%

Remember, she was born in the USA, so this is half of her father's DNA and mine. I think it's interesting because my grandpa was born in Spain, which explains the --Iberian Peninsula 30%. Her father and I were born in El Salvador which explains the --America 34%. What I don't understand is the other ones, especially the --Scandinavia 8%. Either her father is related to Asmodean, or I am.  :worried:

;D

It'll be those damn Vikings going around spreading their seed.

Magdalena

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 15, 2017, 07:44:50 AM
It'll be those damn Vikings going around spreading their seed.
Yup.
Way before Christopher Columbus.
QuoteThe Norse sailor Leif Ericson is credited with being the first European to travel to North America—500 years before Christopher Columbus's first voyage in 1492.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Claireliontamer

As for getting the tests done, I have thought about it as I think it is fascinating but honestly I fear mine would be really dull.

Ecurb Noselrub

I did mine - I'm white.  51% British-Irish, most of the rest Northern European.  There was like a trace of North Africa and a trace of Askenazi Jew, less that 1% total. I figure that one of my ancestors took a trip to Tripoli and had a fling with  Barbary Pirate, whose mother had had a fling with a Jewish merchant.  Way back there.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on July 15, 2017, 12:25:02 AM
Father Bruno, my daughter took one of those test. Here are her results:
Ancestry DNA (TM)

REGION APPROXIMATE AMOUNT
Africa 12%
Africa North 5%
Trace Regions 7%
America 34%
Native American 34%
Europe 53%
Iberian Peninsula 30%
Scandinavia 8%
European Jewish 6%
Trace Regions 9%
West Asia < 1%

Remember, she was born in the USA, so this is half of her father's DNA and mine. I think it's interesting because my grandpa was born in Spain, which explains the --Iberian Peninsula 30%. Her father and I were born in El Salvador which explains the --America 34%. What I don't understand is the other ones, especially the --Scandinavia 8%. Either her father is related to Asmodean, or I am.  :worried:

;D

This is really cool Magdalena, do you know which site she used, if not can you find out? Curious as to her experience dealing with whichever company she used.

I'm sorry, but being related to the Asmo (Shudder), that sounds almost twisted. TMI for us Mags, TMI! (Sheesh) ::)

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 15, 2017, 09:17:53 AM
As for getting the tests done, I have thought about it as I think it is fascinating but honestly I fear mine would be really dull.

I got into tracing my family history a few years ago using ancestry records and I got a long way back.  All I discovered was both halves of my family all descended from the same tiny Yorkshire village and were all farmers.  No matter how hard I dug I couldn't find anyone who wasn't from within less than 10-miles of anyone else.  I am VERY inbred! 

You should do it Claire...in fact when I do mine I'll share it here, I just need to figure out which service is best and which testing I should do.

I think it would be fun to compare with others here at HAF!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 17, 2017, 06:49:08 PM
This is really cool Magdalena, do you know which site she used, if not can you find out? Curious as to her experience dealing with whichever company she used.
It is cool, isn't it?  :)
She used:
Ancestry DNA (TM)

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 17, 2017, 06:49:08 PM
I'm sorry, but being related to the Asmo ...
:snicker:
I don't know, Father Bruno, I felt an instant connection with Asmodean the minute I met Him. I found all that "evilness" and all that "gloom" attractive.  At first, I couldn't understand why, but now, I think I know why. :notsure:

Viking blood probably runs through my veins!  :cartoonviking:
...And some other "not evil" "very happy" blood. :levitate:
All of them are welcomed.  ;D  I even added Mexican blood to the list. My two boys are half Salvadorean, half Mexicanos. I guess my ancestors, and I, love diversity.  :love:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant