News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

HAF Official (American) Mother's Day Thread

Started by Arturo, May 15, 2017, 12:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Talk about Mothers, MILFs, Aunt's, Grandma's, even GILFs.

I spoke to my Mom today for the first time in a long time. Years I think. Meanwhile I realized how terrible her short term memory is. I asked her how she was, and if I didn't stop at once, I could have went in a merry go round of "I'm fine, how are you?"

So that was my Mother's day so far. Later I'm taking my Dad's gift to his Mom because he's a little bitch.

Edited the title for international audiences. Tank :)
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

I'm just happy I survived work. Mother's Day is always rough. This one was worse than usual.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

If there are some mothers out there, I know that there are, please know that this knarly old man respects and appreciates you. I once heard a nice guy say that "mothers are less physically endowed to do the hard work that males can do. Mothers do it anyway."

Hats off to all of you.....For real!

xSilverPhinx

We had a few logistical problems at the lab yesterday morning and so I was late to our family lunch but they all waited for me. We had delicious gnocchi and a lot of laughs. Good day.

Then my mother got word that one of her long-time students had died in a car crash that day, leaving behind a husband and a young son with special needs. Not so good then.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dragonia

Quote from: Icarus on May 15, 2017, 04:08:51 AM
If there are some mothers out there, I know that there are, please know that this knarly old man respects and appreciates you. I once heard a nice guy say that "mothers are less physically endowed to do the hard work that males can do. Mothers do it anyway."

Hats off to all of you.....For real!
Thank you Icarus, I felt very appreciated yesterday with sweet cards and a little plaque for my garden. And the best gift of all, 3 healthy, alive kids, all getting along, for the ENTIRE DAY. (I always suspected they were capable of that).  We were at a motocross race for this weekend, and even the track owners had a big ole cake for all the mammas.
The hard part for me was thinking of my own mom. She's got alzheimers so bad she doesn't even remember she has kids. I detest the way she raised me, but I know she loved me and struggled and always did her best for my little sister and me. And I have always been grateful for those things. I wish I could tell her and have her understand.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Thanks for the mitochondria and everything else, mom!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey