News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Feliz cumpleaños, Davin!

Started by Magdalena, April 20, 2017, 07:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

I love, love, love pupusas, and had them several times on my recent trip to Honduras, in fact I wish I could have some right now:'(

I'm actually thinking of taking a drive later to an El Salvadorian restaurant I know of and picking some up, but it's kind of far, and I have a tonne of yard work to do...but I'm really getting hungry for pupusas 8)

Anywho, I do not know how to make or prepare many latin foods myself, but I do make awesome Elotes if I say so myself, which I like to call, "Bruno's Elotes Locos".

I use Vegenaise mayo, and my own special mixture of herbs and spices along with fresh cilantro, butt what makes my "Elotes Locos" special is the raw pepitas and sunflower seeds I sprinkle on top.

I soak them overnight in water with salt and some apple cider vinegar along with some raw garlic, truly loco!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

I'm glad you like pupusas, Father Bruno. They are delicious.  :yum: I didn't make them yesterday.  :( Instead I made cocktel de camaro con pulpo, pescado frito, un pastel and brownies.  ;D (No, not that kind.)

"Bruno's Elotes Locos" sound delicious. Tell me, are the raw pepitas, what we call, Alguashte:chin:

:secrets1: I'm so glad you speak my language.  8)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 22, 2017, 08:45:25 PM
I'm glad you like pupusas, Father Bruno. They are delicious.  :yum: I didn't make them yesterday.  :( Instead I made cocktel de camaro con pulpo, pescado frito, un pastel and brownies.  ;D (No, not that kind.)

"Bruno's Elotes Locos" sound delicious. Tell me, are the raw pepitas, what we call, Alguashte:chin:

No mine are just the whole seed, I soak them so they are a bit softer, and a bit easier to digest. ( I eat them a lot)
:dance:

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 23, 2017, 01:01:46 AM

No mine are just the whole seed, I soak them so they are a bit softer, and a bit easier to digest. ( I eat them a lot)
Flowers for you, my friend.  :daisies:

You recognize them, don't you?  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 23, 2017, 01:09:32 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on April 23, 2017, 01:01:46 AM

Flowers for you, my friend.  :daisies:

You recognize them, don't you?  :grin:

Not sure, butt I think they're Trumpet Flowers, or...what I believe are called GoldFingers? Blush :blush:

Magdalena

Es loroco, Father Bruno:fingertap:
You know, pupusas revueltas y de queso con loroco.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 23, 2017, 04:27:51 AM

Oh, Fernaldia pandurata.

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 23, 2017, 05:05:08 AM

Oh, Fernaldia pandurata.

Loroco.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 23, 2017, 06:41:05 AM

Oh, Fernaldia pandurata.

Loroco.

That's what I said.

Fernaldia pandurata is a vine with edible flowers, widespread in Mexico and Central America. Fernaldia pandurata is an important source of food in El Salvador and Guatemala.

"Rolls Eyes "

:eyeroll:

Dragonia

Quote from: Magdalena on April 22, 2017, 06:53:03 AM
Quote from: Dragonia on April 22, 2017, 05:39:39 AM
I've never heard of pupusas before, but after looking them up, oh heck yeah, I gotta try them! They probably won't be as good as yours, Mags, but I'm willing to settle  ;D

My dear, Dragonia:smileshake:  :grin:
I hope you read the definition of pupusa in the Urban Dictionary.  ;D
HA ha! Uh, I looked it up... I guess I should be careful when I throw the thought around of how much I LOVE pupusas! Choose my context wisely..... thanks for the education  ;D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 23, 2017, 02:17:10 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 23, 2017, 06:41:05 AM

Oh, Fernaldia pandurata.

Loroco.

That's what I said.

Fernaldia pandurata is a vine with edible flowers, widespread in Mexico and Central America. Fernaldia pandurata is an important source of food in El Salvador and Guatemala.

"Rolls Eyes "

:eyeroll:

OK.
But I've never heard anyone call Loroco, Fernaldia pandurata.

Thanks for the education  ;D

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on April 23, 2017, 04:13:10 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 22, 2017, 06:53:03 AM
Quote from: Dragonia on April 22, 2017, 05:39:39 AM
I've never heard of pupusas before, but after looking them up, oh heck yeah, I gotta try them! They probably won't be as good as yours, Mags, but I'm willing to settle  ;D

My dear, Dragonia:smileshake:  :grin:
I hope you read the definition of pupusa in the Urban Dictionary.  ;D
HA ha! Uh, I looked it up... I guess I should be careful when I throw the thought around of how much I LOVE pupusas! Choose my context wisely..... thanks for the education  ;D
HA-ha!
:lol:

Davin

Almost everything is slang for some kind of genitalia or other.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

I made Tacos de Lengua yesterday. They were delicious.

Magdalena