Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ask HAF / Re: Re: I Need Help From All You Native Speakers Once Again
« Last Post by hermes2015 on Today at 09:49:31 PM »
I'm going to resurrect this necrothread to ask for help once again.

In the following sentence:

Here, we explored for the first time the boundary conditions to turn caffeine administration a potential pharmacological strategy to attenuate  contextual fear memories through periodical trace reactivation.

'Turn' seems to be an inadequate choice of a word to use in this context. I'm rattling my brain but can't think of a better way to rewrite this sentence.  :scratch:

I would drink copious amounts of caffeine right now in hopes that it might enhance my functioning but it's almost 11 pm, which would make that a really bad idea.  :count sheep:

This is not my field, so don't understand the sentence, but my first impression is that it is too long and should be split into two. Could you explain what it actually means in simple English?

That word turn does feel a bit odd, but it could be perfectly legitimate usage within the jargon of this particular discipline. Once I understand it, I can suggest some ways to rewrite the sentence.
Miscellaneous / Re: Workshop and fixit stuff
« Last Post by jumbojak on Today at 07:47:32 PM »
Could you use a punch to drive the nails in Arturo? Might work if you aren't dealing with an angle issue.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Ecurb's Travels
« Last Post by BooksCatsEtc on Today at 07:01:35 PM »
Ok, now you've piqued my curiosity. What's your FB info?

Me too, please.
I'm going to resurrect this necrothread to ask for help once again.

In the following sentence:

Here, we explored for the first time the boundary conditions to turn caffeine administration a potential pharmacological strategy to attenuate  contextual fear memories through periodical trace reactivation.

'Turn' seems to be an inadequate choice of a word to use in this context. I'm rattling my brain but can't think of a better way to rewrite this sentence.  :scratch:

I would drink copious amounts of caffeine right now in hopes that it might enhance my functioning but it's almost 11 pm, which would make that a really bad idea.  :count sheep:
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 06:10:37 PM »
Ok, now you've piqued my curiosity. What's your FB info?
« Last Post by Ecurb Noselrub on Today at 05:47:00 PM »
Tried photobucket.  Not working for me.  I'm cursed. 

If you want to see my photos, let me know and I'll give you my FB info.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Graphics Interchange Format (WARNING)
« Last Post by Icarus on Today at 05:28:37 PM »
^That ain't the way to do a bench press......except for comedians with a death wish.
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 05:27:00 PM »
I see it's a Facebook post. The issue you're having could be due to a couple of things:

- if it's one of your own, are your settings set to 'private' or 'only friends may visualise photos'?

- did you click on the image before copying the image address?

If you answered 'no' to the first and 'yes' to the second, how about downloading the image and uploading it to another image hosting service such as imgur, photobucket or tinypic? :grin:

I set it to public and it still will not let me post.

My wife will try photobucket.  For me all those things are a pain in the ass.  Thanks!!!!

:thumbsup:
Media / Re: A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 05:23:07 PM »
Baelish is, IMO, one of the more interesting characters so I hope he doesn't meet his demise just yet, there's just so much potential for chaos-wreaking that would be interesting to see develop.

Cersei...well, I think she's going to die soon anyway, so I wouldn't waste one death wish on her. It's a given. :chin:

Melisandre just might slip through Death's net, which is just so wrong in my mind especially after what she did to Shireen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10