News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

Quote from: Magdalena on November 12, 2019, 04:58:53 AM
-- I'll just finish my bottle of California Cabernet Sauvignon tomorrow.

1986 waz very good, if you can still find any

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 12, 2019, 11:06:51 AM
So, again, I spent the whole night with a California Native. Last time it was with an Argentinian or was it an Italian? I can't remember.  :headscratch:

Anyways, it wasn't too bad. Very mature, aggresive and sweet. Wasn't "green" or too young and immature --which is not good. Had personality, substance, and integrity. Thick and slow legs, --And you guys know what they say about that type, right?  :lol:
No?  :sadcheer:
Oh.  :(
--It's just something you're either gonna enjoy or hate.

Anyways...
I said, "Shall we dance?"
I felt like swirling --with such strong body who wouldn't? I didn't want to be arrogant and showy. You know, didn't want to be making grandiose motions like I'm getting ready to lasso a bull or something like that— it can be seen as a bit obnoxious.

After that, my senses were tingling and we kissed. Very full and generous in my mouth. Perfect harmony, powerful feeling. The word, "lingers" comes to mind. I was in love. Smelled great too. A bit of tobacco, butterscotch, mocha, and chocolate.  :tellmemore:

Anyways,
Certainly made me feel warm and relaxed. I was telling my man about it, he said: "Put a cork in it, and go to sleep." I did.  :sad sigh:

That's brilliant, Mags! :lol:
Thank you.
:boaterhat:
:snicker:
The words people use to describe everything about wine sounds like they're in love with someone. ::)

I enjoy writing about my wine. Remember this one from 2017?  :grin:

Quote from: Magdalena on January 15, 2017, 12:40:48 AM
I spent the whole night with a young one from Argentina. :sad sigh:

He was young and robust, not smooth at all, a bit rough. Not refined and a little bit immature. Muscular and vigorous, very powerful body. Intellectually satisfying, but flamboyant and arrogant, in one word, "opulent." Good looking, but more like man-ballerina. Dumb, which is typical of those who are too young.

No cashmere in my mouth either. Let's just say, "took up all the room in my mouth and hanged in awkward places."

From now on, I will only spend the night with those who are more mature. They seem to be more elegant. They are more refined and harmonious. They can be lively and some even have vitality, but they are mellow, delicate and smooth.

I learned my lesson the hard way.  :pensive:
From now on, only mature and noble Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley.   :-\

By the way, these are the "thick and slow legs" I was talking about:

And...

Swirling wine:
"...making grandiose motions like I'm getting ready to lasso a bull or something like that— it can be seen as a bit obnoxious."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on November 12, 2019, 12:09:53 PM

1986 waz very good, if you can still find any
You know...My friend gave me a bottle of wine from 1986. :grin:
On a Sunday night, she said, "I was saving it for a special occasion but you can have it." I said, "Wow! Thanks!"
The next day I said to my man, "It's Monday, that's a special occasion, right?" :grin:
We opened it, but unfortunately, it had not been stored the way it should have so it tasted like vinegar. :cryandrun:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

remember that guy who bought the bottle of wine from thomas jefferson's cellar, put down when jefferson was still alive?

paid $200,000 for it at auction. was showing it off at a party afterwards and dropped it. broke open and spilled.

so as i recall, he got down on his hands and knees and sucked it out of the carpet so he would at least have been able to drink some.

didn't mention the taste, curiously.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on November 12, 2019, 05:00:30 PM
remember that guy who bought the bottle of wine from thomas jefferson's cellar, put down when jefferson was still alive?

paid $200,000 for it at auction. was showing it off at a party afterwards and dropped it. broke open and spilled.

so as i recall, he got down on his hands and knees and sucked it out of the carpet so he would at least have been able to drink some.

didn't mention the taste, curiously.
:lol:
Poor guy.
No, I don't remember him.

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on November 12, 2019, 04:19:07 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 12, 2019, 11:06:51 AM
So, again, I spent the whole night with a California Native. Last time it was with an Argentinian or was it an Italian? I can't remember.  :headscratch:

Anyways, it wasn't too bad. Very mature, aggresive and sweet. Wasn't "green" or too young and immature --which is not good. Had personality, substance, and integrity. Thick and slow legs, --And you guys know what they say about that type, right?  :lol:
No?  :sadcheer:
Oh.  :(
--It's just something you're either gonna enjoy or hate.

Anyways...
I said, "Shall we dance?"
I felt like swirling --with such strong body who wouldn't? I didn't want to be arrogant and showy. You know, didn't want to be making grandiose motions like I'm getting ready to lasso a bull or something like that— it can be seen as a bit obnoxious.

After that, my senses were tingling and we kissed. Very full and generous in my mouth. Perfect harmony, powerful feeling. The word, "lingers" comes to mind. I was in love. Smelled great too. A bit of tobacco, butterscotch, mocha, and chocolate.  :tellmemore:

Anyways,
Certainly made me feel warm and relaxed. I was telling my man about it, he said: "Put a cork in it, and go to sleep." I did.  :sad sigh:

That's brilliant, Mags! :lol:
Thank you.
:boaterhat:
:snicker:
The words people use to describe everything about wine sounds like they're in love with someone. ::)

I enjoy writing about my wine. Remember this one from 2017?  :grin:

Quote from: Magdalena on January 15, 2017, 12:40:48 AM
I spent the whole night with a young one from Argentina. :sad sigh:

He was young and robust, not smooth at all, a bit rough. Not refined and a little bit immature. Muscular and vigorous, very powerful body. Intellectually satisfying, but flamboyant and arrogant, in one word, "opulent." Good looking, but more like man-ballerina. Dumb, which is typical of those who are too young.

No cashmere in my mouth either. Let's just say, "took up all the room in my mouth and hanged in awkward places."

From now on, I will only spend the night with those who are more mature. They seem to be more elegant. They are more refined and harmonious. They can be lively and some even have vitality, but they are mellow, delicate and smooth.

I learned my lesson the hard way.  :pensive:
From now on, only mature and noble Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley.   :-\

By the way, these are the "thick and slow legs" I was talking about:

And...

Swirling wine:
"...making grandiose motions like I'm getting ready to lasso a bull or something like that— it can be seen as a bit obnoxious."

Yes, I remember that other post :grin: You should write more of these wine stories. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 12, 2019, 09:03:21 PM
Yes, I remember that other post :grin: You should write more of these wine stories. :smilenod:
I don't know, the wine has to inspire me.  :sad sigh:

Magdalena

xSilverPhinx

I haven't been feeling too well this past week. A bit depressed. I think I'll take the day off tomorrow and sleep.

Icarus

I am going to be concerned about your emotional state Silver.  You do have a lot on your plate and perhaps even more than you have revealed to your forum family.  If it matters, you can be sure that there are a lot of us who admire and love you.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on November 19, 2019, 11:48:04 PM
I am going to be concerned about your emotional state Silver.  You do have a lot on your plate and perhaps even more than you have revealed to your forum family.  If it matters, you can be sure that there are a lot of us who admire and love you.

Thanks, but no need to worry, Icarus. Really. I'll get through this. I don't know what exactly is causing me to feel down these past few days...perhaps it's everything, all at once.  :sadcheer: Or nothing in particular. I feel like I can't pinpoint the problem(s) and because I can't see them clearly, I can't solve them. :(

Hopefully a day's rest is what I need. It's only Tuesday but it's been a long week (worked full-time this weekend).

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 19, 2019, 11:23:11 PM
I haven't been feeling too well this past week. A bit depressed. I think I'll take the day off tomorrow and sleep.

I hope a day off with lots of rest will do the trick and you will feel much better.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 20, 2019, 01:26:28 AM

Thanks, but no need to worry, Icarus. Really. I'll get through this. I don't know what exactly is causing me to feel down these past few days...perhaps it's everything, all at once.  :sadcheer: Or nothing in particular. I feel like I can't pinpoint the problem(s) and because I can't see them clearly, I can't solve them. :(

Hopefully a day's rest is what I need. It's only Tuesday but it's been a long week (worked full-time this weekend).
:therethere:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 20, 2019, 01:26:28 AM

Take a break. You can't save the world on you own   :therethere:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.