Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 10, 2019, 05:28:04 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on May 10, 2019, 05:08:04 AM
They won't be happy. They'll wonder again why the husbands and sons couldn't just cook a nice meal at home so they didn't have to go through the hell that is eating out on Mother's Day.

On Mother's Day we are all gathering at my daughter's house for lunch. Her mother (my ex) and my daughter's boyfriend's mother and grandmother have also been invited. My contribution will be a French pear tart I will bake on Sunday morning.
That sounds nice.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on May 10, 2019, 05:37:33 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 10, 2019, 05:28:04 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on May 10, 2019, 05:08:04 AM
They won't be happy. They'll wonder again why the husbands and sons couldn't just cook a nice meal at home so they didn't have to go through the hell that is eating out on Mother's Day.

On Mother's Day we are all gathering at my daughter's house for lunch. Her mother (my ex) and my daughter's boyfriend's mother and grandmother have also been invited. My contribution will be a French pear tart I will bake on Sunday morning.
That sounds nice.  :tellmemore:

Yes, I am looking forward to it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

The cardiologist's office cancelled my appointment next week and I now have to wait until the 22nd and go back in as a new patient.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on May 10, 2019, 03:30:14 PM
The cardiologist's office cancelled my appointment next week and I now have to wait until the 22nd and go back in as a new patient.
I'm sorry to hear you're going through all this, jj:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

That's rough JJ  :(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

:wtf:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I don't really care at this point. It is what it is.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 10, 2019, 09:53:47 PM
I don't really care at this point. It is what it is.

Yeah that kind of crap can really wear you out. But it's still absurd.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

I thought that the next stop was back with a GP? Sucks, in any event,

jumbojak

I'm supposed to see the cardiologist to discuss the sonogram and he was going to put me in touch with a GP. Seems unlikely at this point.

hermes2015

It's unbelievable that they're pushing you around so much. Just take it easy in the meantime.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

The hospital bill just came in. Two hours in the ER and a misdiagnosis is going to cost me $3,000 before insurance will cover anything. I still haven't received the bill from the cardiologist yet. So much for a Saturday off in June.

Buddy

The state of American healthcare is depressing. I had my appointment this morning to refill my antidepressants and now the hospital I go through is requiring drug tests before every appointment and they are refusing to refill prescriptions for those who fail them.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on May 14, 2019, 02:15:59 PM
The state of American healthcare is depressing.
I agree with you. I went to see the doctor and I said, "You gave me vitamin B-12 and folic acid for anemia, I need a refill."
He said, "You don't have anemia."
:picard facepalm:

Bad Penny II

QuoteThe definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results

A better definition of insanity (well maybe not insanity but being a bit limited maybe) would be thinking you could do the exact same thing twice.  Who knows what variables are in play?  I might of loosened it a bit, if I do it again it might work.  Maybe it's  got a loose connection, plugging in again is worth a try.  I knocked on his door yesterday and nobody answered but hey, maybe he's home today.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.