News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 03, 2020, 09:29:20 PM
Quote from: Recusant on April 02, 2020, 09:10:47 PM
Heard from him in early February, shortly after he got the site back up from its most recent downtime. Since then, no. I may try bothering him again sometime soon.
I sent Him a PM, but He hasn't responded yet.
Maybe He's waiting for a sacrifice. We haven't sacrificed anything for Him in a very long time.  :notsure:

:notsure:

We could offer him some minions...  :sidesmile:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Minions aren't what they used to be. The current generation is simply slime, filth, putrescence, and downright lazy.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on April 04, 2020, 12:48:34 AM
Minions aren't what they used to be. The current generation is simply slime, filth, putrescence, and downright lazy.

Not to mention the planned obsolescence.  ::) They just don't make 'em like they used to. 

No wonder the Asmo has been unable to take Luxembourg till now.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 04, 2020, 12:55:30 AM

Not to mention the planned obsolescence.  ::) They just don't make 'em like they used to. 

Yes but he didn't have to deploy CV-19 to achieve his aims did he ?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2020, 04:48:31 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 04, 2020, 12:55:30 AM

Yes but he didn't have to deploy CV-19 to achieve his aims did he ?

:worried:

xSilverPhinx

Today is *mumblemumble*day.

I guess it's a good day to print out a calendar so I can cross out each day as it passes. 

xSilverPhinx

Want people to keep their distance? Get one of these:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Magdalena

Heard from him in early February, shortly after he got the site back up from its most recent downtime. Since then, no. I may try bothering him again sometime soon.
Maybe He's waiting for a sacrifice. We haven't sacrificed anything for Him in a very long time.  :notsure:

Dear diary,

Day three and the Gray God has not responded.
:sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2020, 03:24:11 AM

Dear diary,

Day three and the Gray God has not responded.
:sad sigh:

:worried:

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2020, 07:11:16 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 31, 2020, 11:27:55 PM
If that guy were standing next to me I would get really angry and tell him to back off.
:secrets1: I think he is a war veteran, I didn't want to get him angry.

If he wants to die that's fine, but it's really irresponsible of him to stand close to others who are doing what they need to do (such as buying supplies) while trying not to get infected by idiots who may be contaminated and are standing too close.  :rant1:
It is very irresponsible behavior, I agree with you. Maybe he feels invincible. "If bullets didn't kill him, nothing will"--attitude.
Late reply but still.

It's not only about him risking himself, he's doing things that risk others. It's one thing for him to risk his own life and health, but he's being an asshole by deciding to risk other people's health and life.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

No one

Tank

That's been doing the rounds on Facebook recently. Makes me laugh.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

People using faceplace makes me laugh as well.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on April 06, 2020, 07:12:01 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2020, 07:11:16 PM
If that guy were standing next to me I would get really angry and tell him to back off.
:secrets1: I think he is a war veteran, I didn't want to get him angry.

If he wants to die that's fine, but it's really irresponsible of him to stand close to others who are doing what they need to do (such as buying supplies) while trying not to get infected by idiots who may be contaminated and are standing too close.  :rant1:
It is very irresponsible behavior, I agree with you. Maybe he feels invincible. "If bullets didn't kill him, nothing will"--attitude.
Late reply but still.

It's not only about him risking himself, he's doing things that risk others. It's one thing for him to risk his own life and health, but he's being an asshole by deciding to risk other people's health and life.
True.

By moving far away from him I could be saving his life but I don't think he gets that.

There is still no toilet paper at the nearest supermarket so I went somewhere else. At the other store, in another city, people were still not doing much to stop the spread. I saw two families, four people, getting cilantro at the same time. Couldn't they wait? Really!!

I saw 80-year-old women with their families buying food. Shouldn't they be home? People paying are still standing very close to each other.

I don't get it. When will they change their behavior? What are they waiting for?  :spooked:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.