News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2012, 06:41:42 PM
Today is my birthday.  I took the day off work, and just treated myself to a massage.  Later, I think I'll take a nap.

Have a good'n Ali. May your nap be vigorous and your massage restful...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2012, 06:41:42 PM
Today is my birthday.  I took the day off work, and just treated myself to a massage.  Later, I think I'll take a nap.

Happy Birthday!  :) 

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

I already did this whole happy birthday thing, but still... Many not-too-miserable returns, if that be prefered.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Quote from: Asmodean on July 09, 2012, 08:31:58 PM
I already did this whole happy birthday thing, but still... Many not-too-miserable returns, if that be prefered.

Next she'll be expecting one every year. Tuh! These congratulatory posts arent cheap you know...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

Quote from: Scissorlegs on July 09, 2012, 08:35:31 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on July 09, 2012, 08:31:58 PM

Next she'll be expecting one every year. Tuh! These congratulatory posts arent cheap you know...

LMAO!

Asmo, where did you do the whole happy birthday thing?  I missed it!

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2012, 08:46:04 PM
Asmo, where did you do the whole happy birthday thing?  I missed it!
Skype was yelling at me about it, so I skyped it to you.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Happy Birthday, Ali!! I will be first in line to buy your "The Whole Burrito Workout Video"  ;D ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

OldGit

Ali, I'm so sorry I missed the day. I can still wish you Many Happy Returns, and hope you had a good time.

The Magic Pudding

Velma

Today (July 10th) is my second wedding anniversary!   ;D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Wrath

Quote from: Velma on July 10, 2012, 09:42:05 AM
Today (July 10th) is my second wedding anniversary!   ;D
Congratulations!

I know this is the thread for cheerfulness, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read this is how I cannot currently get married where I live.  :'(

Ah well, I suppose I can come up with something else to be cheerful about. I may have let my teeth get very yellow as a teen, but in about eight hours I will have them extensively whitened.  ;D

Velma

Quote from: Wrath on July 10, 2012, 09:47:16 AM
Quote from: Velma on July 10, 2012, 09:42:05 AM
Today (July 10th) is my second wedding anniversary!   ;D
Congratulations!

Quote from: Wrath on July 10, 2012, 09:47:16 AMI know this is the thread for cheerfulness, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read this is how I cannot currently get married where I live.  :'(
I'm sorry to hear that.  Damned religious bigotry!  (I will not rant, I will not rant, I will not rant...)

Quote from: Wrath on July 10, 2012, 09:47:16 AMAh well, I suppose I can come up with something else to be cheerful about. I may have let my teeth get very yellow as a teen, but in about eight hours I will have them extensively whitened.  ;D
That should perk up your smile.   ;D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Ali

Velma - Happy anniversary!  Do you have any fun plans?

Quote from: Wrath on July 10, 2012, 09:47:16 AM
I know this is the thread for cheerfulness, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read this is how I cannot currently get married where I live.  :'(

Assuming you are talking about same sex marriage, I have absolute faith that this is going to change.  I think that our grandchildren will look back on the laws against gay marriage with the same bemused contempt that we look at the old laws against interracial marriage.  Those that oppose it will find themselves on the wrong side of history within a generation.  I know that isn't a huge comfort to those that are currently facing this discrimination, but I hope that you know that there are millions of us out there that won't stop writing, talking, voting, protesting, marching, and fighting until you have the same rights as anyone else.  I hope that cheers you a little.   :)

Velma

Quote from: Ali on July 10, 2012, 05:10:34 PM
Velma - Happy anniversary!  Do you have any fun plans?
Nothing today, but this weekend we have several friends coming.  It should be a lot of fun.  Since the weather's cooled off a bit we'll be able to do some stuff outside.