News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

A friend of mine and my husband's is coming to visit for a couple of days.  We're going to drag him to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.  I have a feeling this movie is going to be MST3K worthy. :D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on June 23, 2012, 11:04:39 AM
A friend of mine and my husband's is coming to visit for a couple of days.  We're going to drag him to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.  I have a feeling this movie is going to be MST3K worthy. :D
I saw a trailer for that and it looked utter shite!!!!

Enjoy. I suggest you tie hubby to his seat!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The Asmo has located His hair straightener. Global flood on hold.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on June 23, 2012, 11:15:13 AM
You use them on your eyebrows?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on June 23, 2012, 11:20:42 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on June 23, 2012, 11:15:13 AM
You use them on your eyebrows?
See how nice and un-curly they are alluvasudden?  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

My reason to be cheerful today: the air conditioner was making frightening 'gronking' noises yesterday and we thought it might not be long for this world. Turns out it was just grumpy. (see Asmo? Another gray grumpy thing  :D ) and it's in a much better mood and working well today.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

The AC is, quite certainly, an Asmoist.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Why Asmo, your eyebrows are looking divine these days.

I never got the point of a hair straightener for those of us with naturally straight hair until I went to FL and my hair went crazy in the humidity and I didn't have the tools or skills to deal with it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on June 23, 2012, 02:16:14 PM
Why Asmo, your eyebrows are looking divine these days.

I never got the point of a hair straightener for those of us with naturally straight hair until I went to FL and my hair went crazy in the humidity and I didn't have the tools or skills to deal with it.
Great Priestess speaks the truth. Now, His divine Eyebrows could use a blood offering... Just to insure that they don't curl up again and... The flood and meteor rain and all the consequences.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on June 23, 2012, 11:08:59 AM
Quote from: Velma on June 23, 2012, 11:04:39 AM

Sometimes a movie is just so bad that it has it own odd charm.  I'm hoping that's the case with this one.   ;D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

technolud

QuoteQuote from: Tank on Today at 03:08:59 AM
Quote from: Velma on Today at 03:04:39 AM
A friend of mine and my husband's is coming to visit for a couple of days.  We're going to drag him to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.  I have a feeling this movie is going to be MST3K worthy. Cheesy

Sometimes a movie is just so bad that it has it own odd charm.  I'm hoping that's the case with this one.   Grin

Abraham Lincoln + vampire + $70,000,000 budget (which means it needs to have broad appeal).

I wouldn't get hopes too far up.

Velma

We never do when we go to the movies.  Some are good, some are bad, and some are in a league of their own.   :D

Ecurb Noselrub

Reasons to be cheerful!

1.  I'm reasonably healthy.
2.  My family is reasonably healthy.
3.  I have a job.
4.  I'm going on a two-week vacation/holiday road trip beginning June 30.  Yeah!!!

Velma

Saw Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter tonight.  It was awesomely bad.  All it needed to be complete was three little heads in the corner.    ;D

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Velma on June 24, 2012, 05:45:09 AM
Saw Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter tonight.  It was awesomely bad.  All it needed to be complete was three little heads in the corner.    ;D

I kind of want to see it *_*
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.