News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 09, 2012, 11:41:39 PM
Our family will be moving back to Newfoundland next summer!

Ottawa's okay and all, but I'm really glad we'll be home, at least for a few more years. :) Can't have the youngster forgetting his lineage and all.

That's awesome DJ!  'Grats on being able to go home!

Asmodean

Witnessed a moped vs. stationary excavator trailer today. While that fact is not cheerful, the fact that the moped driver is (Or rather, will be) ok kind of is... It was quite a bang. The moped will at least need a new front wheel. The trailer survived unscathed

I suspect the rain, possibly mist on the helmet to be the likely causes of the crash.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

corgilover

I'm on Summer Break! Three months of nothing!

Tank

Quote from: corgilover on May 12, 2012, 04:25:50 AM
I'm on Summer Break! Three months of nothing!
There's always HAF  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Me, I dislike vacations - There's so little to do that I enjoy doing...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Asmo, you see a lot of crazy stuff on the roads (didn't you also almost get hit by a kitchen appliance?)

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on May 12, 2012, 02:57:32 PM
Asmo, you see a lot of crazy stuff on the roads (didn't you also almost get hit by a kitchen appliance?)

I know! I am starting to think that Norway is a dangerous place to drive.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

There is no more crazy stuff on the roads here than in the rest of the country, it's just that I'm on the road often enough to witness some.

The thing with the moped was expected though, the way they put that trailer there. Mopeds are not known for having very good headlights and when it's dark and raining, seeing the road through the helmet can be difficult.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 12, 2012, 03:08:00 PM

Not really, but the road here is narrow, with lots of turns and ups and downs, and some people drive too fast. Me seeing an occasional (near-)accident is, as stated, is more of a "if you sift through enough sand, you'll find a gold corn" than an indicator of general traffic safety.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

I'm feeling jolly imagining a thread entitled "Let's git serious"
There's going to be t'ousands of posts and there's going to be proportionally as many of mine in there as Asmo has in this one.  ;) :) :D

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 12, 2012, 03:08:00 PM

Reason to be VERY cheerful: despite the crazy stuff on the roads, Norway has some of the most beautiful scenery EVER. Just spent the last 10 minutes looking through Google images and OMA  :o is it just gorgeous there.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Ali

Yes, Norway does look absolutely gorgeous.

Is it wrong that the picture of Norway, Sweden, and Finland together on a map remind me of (admittedly a bit deformed) male parts?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on May 12, 2012, 04:44:43 PM
Yes, Norway does look absolutely gorgeous.

Is it wrong that the picture of Norway, Sweden, and Finland together on a map remind me of (admittedly a bit deformed) male parts?

Yes of course it is wrong but in more ways than you imagine.
Finding the roots of your wrongness won't be easy or cheap.
Tell me Ali, when did you first envision yourself kicking Pudding?

Pink=Sigmund Mode

Ali

^^^LOL  That's hard to say.  When don't I think about kicking Pudding...  ;D