News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

I Am Hungry

Started by Arturo, April 29, 2018, 03:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

This is a weird request but can someone call little caesars down the road from me and buy a pizza lol

I just received food from my dad but it's all frozen. And I'm starving and can't sleep if I am hungry. I told him I went over his house to get food but he said he didn't set anything out and that his ex-wife is taking him to eat because he fixed her car.

He always said I could come over for food if I needed it but what good is it if I cannot eat it?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

No microwave, oven, or hot plate?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on April 29, 2018, 03:26:40 AM
No microwave, oven, or hot plate?
That's a good point I forgot about the oven lol

But I just have very small servings of food. I might over cook it by mistake.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

If you overcook your food eat it anyway and learn from the experience.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dragonia

Arturo, I have a little tip for you, for future reference. If you have food that is frozen, and need to thaw it quicker than letting it sit on the counter, put it in a Ziploc bag, with all the air sucked out (or some type of waterproof container) and submerge it in lukewarm or very warm water. It thaws within about 20 minutes, depending on how big it is.
It takes way too long if you're starving, but if you're starving, one does what one must. 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on April 30, 2018, 01:15:28 AM
Arturo, I have a little tip for you, for future reference. If you have food that is frozen, and need to thaw it quicker than letting it sit on the counter, put it in a Ziploc bag, with all the air sucked out (or some type of waterproof container) and submerge it in lukewarm or very warm water. It thaws within about 20 minutes, depending on how big it is.
It takes way too long if you're starving, but if you're starving, one does what one must.

That is actually a good tip. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 03, 2018, 02:17:18 AM
Quote from: Dragonia on April 30, 2018, 01:15:28 AM

That is actually a good tip. :smilenod:

With chicken, if in a hurry, I cut it into narrowish strips (goujons), when it is defrested enough, then fry it or cook it in a sauce of some kind. Done the same with fish (Thai curry type sauce usually). That ensures there is no half cooked bit in the middle!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bluenose

I find that meat or chicken defrosts much more quickly if you place it on the stainless steel draining board adjacent to the kitchen sink.  (Assuming you have a stainless steel one, also, I'm not comparing it to the warm water technique, which I would have thought might be a bit risky with chicken)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Arturo

THis is going from a "feed arturo" thread to a "share cooking tips" thread
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bluenose

OK, for a quick eat, three eggs a little butter and a handful of grated cheese and hey-presto!  A yummy cheese omelette in only a few minutes!  (You can add some chopped chives, or other herbs if youi like, or chopped spring onions)  :D
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tom62

For a quick eat, the boys from Bottom have some marvelous cooking tips
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on May 03, 2018, 06:14:15 PM
For a quick eat, the boys from Bottom have some marvelous cooking tips

Why did it stop there?!

:suspicious:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74