News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

Started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, February 26, 2018, 06:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 19, 2018, 04:27:24 AM
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 17, 2018, 01:34:21 PM

You put me and Gnostic Christianity into the supernatural believing pack.

There is no supernatural beliefs in Gnostic Christianity.

If you will ignore what a Gnostic Christian says to maintain your delusion of what we believe, there is not much point of discussing anything with you, as you think you know more about my religion than I do. Pure delusion on your part.

Ask, don't tell, or go away.

I KNEW you were going to claim I didn't understand your faith. So you practice a version of Gnosticism that you feel is not adequately explained by the standard version we're all familiar with. By all means, educate us with what you believe and how it differs from the generally accepted Gnosticism that proclaims salvation through a higher understanding of god over simple faith and also how your Gnostic Xianity is free of all supernatural beliefs even though it still proclaims the existence of a god, and souls, and spirit beings. 

We're on pins and needles to hear what your interpretation is.

Please enlighten us.

:thumbsup:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If you will ignore what a Gnostic Christian says to maintain your delusion of what we believe, there is not much point of discussing anything with you, as you think you know more about my religion than I do. Pure delusion on your part.

I KNEW you were going to claim I didn't understand your faith. So you practice a version of Gnosticism that you feel is not adequately explained by the standard version we're all familiar with. By all means, educate us with what you believe and how it differs from the generally accepted Gnosticism that proclaims salvation through a higher understanding of god over simple faith and also how your Gnostic Xianity is free of all supernatural beliefs even though it still proclaims the existence of a god, and souls, and spirit beings. 

Please enlighten us.

No true Scotsman anybody?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MadBomr101

Quote from: Tank on March 20, 2018, 06:23:41 PMNo true Scotsman anybody?

Y'know, I've always been a little fuzzy on what the nature of that fallacy was but now that I've experienced it firsthand, I get it.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Tank

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 21, 2018, 05:51:56 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 20, 2018, 06:23:41 PMNo true Scotsman anybody?

Y'know, I've always been a little fuzzy on what the nature of that fallacy was but now that I've experienced it firsthand, I get it.

Glad to be of assistance :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Tank on March 17, 2018, 02:10:34 PM
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 17, 2018, 01:28:50 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 16, 2018, 04:45:40 PM
Religions are fraudulent if for no other reason that they wilful misrepresent reality.

Most, I agree. Not all.
I exempt the knowledge and wisdom seekers as reality is what they go by.
Those tend not to have a supernatural belief.

Regards
DL
Suggest one that does not.

Buddhism, Karaite Jews and my own Gnostic Christianity.

All three put man above God where we belong.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Please enlighten us.

Since it sounds like it would fall on deaf ears, and I do not want to derail this O.P., let me take the easy route and show where we are talking of the points you mentioned.

https://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,50037.0.html

The first three posts may be all you need revue.

Regards
DL

Tank

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 21, 2018, 06:51:15 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 17, 2018, 02:10:34 PM
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 17, 2018, 01:28:50 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 16, 2018, 04:45:40 PM
Religions are fraudulent if for no other reason that they wilful misrepresent reality.

Most, I agree. Not all.
I exempt the knowledge and wisdom seekers as reality is what they go by.
Those tend not to have a supernatural belief.

Regards
DL
Suggest one that does not.

Buddhism, Karaite Jews and my own Gnostic Christianity.

All three put man above God where we belong.

Regards
DL
So 3 out of abutt 4,000 so 0.075%, near enough to 'all' as makes no difference. Grasping at straws. And there are some Buddist sects that do believe in a supernatural realm and Karma is also a superstitious belief.

MadBomr101

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 21, 2018, 06:55:49 PM
Since it sounds like it would fall on deaf ears, and I do not want to derail this O.P., let me take the easy route and show where we are talking of the points you mentioned.

https://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,50037.0.html

The first three posts may be all you need revue.

I asked you to defend your statements as they pertain to THIS discussion. You claim to be a GC but you have apparently fashioned your own version of what that is, you claim to hold no supernatural beliefs but unless you reject the existence of god, that's not a tenable position for even a heretic to hold. At this point, I'm trying to decide if you're just being an attention whore or if you're completely full of shit.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.