News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Forum Rules

Started by Whitney, January 11, 2009, 05:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: billyportne on February 04, 2022, 04:15:01 PM
Would someone please explain why it's SPAM to use the copy-paste-text feature on a first post. I was going to copy the text from the introduction I wrote in my text editor but stopped when I saw the rules that stated... "If in your first post on the forum you include a link, copy paste text, etc. it will be considered spam and may be removed or partially removed by a moderator at their own discretion without notice." Since this is my first post, maybe it no longer applies to me, but I'd sure like to understand it more clearly than I do now. Thanks!

It does say 'may be' so as you took time to ask please feel free to make your first post. And welcome to HAF :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Pretty sure that 23 threads in 1 day and 31 minutes counts as spam...I'm looking at you, woman (The Fight Song)

billy rubin

perhaps she is just settling in.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Bluenose

Quote from: billy rubin on February 08, 2022, 01:03:53 AM

Maybe so, nevertheless it is disrespectful of other members of the forum.  This is not a forum about musical performers.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

TheFightSong

Then, what is the point of having the old post about Adele?

If there is a music subforum, then might as well have topics about musical performers in it. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose.

I really don't have time for bullshit rules that contradict logic here.

There is a music subforum on here. Logically, I assume making topics about different music performers makes sense as a result if it was okay to make a post about Adele and AC/DC band members without anyone making a fuss.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 08, 2022, 01:01:29 AM
Pretty sure that 23 threads in 1 day and 31 minutes counts as spam...I'm looking at you, woman (The Fight Song)
Pretty sure there is a difference between being outspokenly quick when responding to people while creating different threads for separate discussions and spamming, wise guy.

Bluenose

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 08, 2022, 01:17:30 AM

If there is a music subforum, then might as well have topics about musical performers in it. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose.

There is a music subforum on here. Logically, I assume making topics about different music performers makes sense as a result if it was okay to make a post about Adele and AC/DC band members without anyone making a fuss.

As Dark Lighning put it

Slow down, show some respect for other forum members.  Hitting us with a barage of fairly unedifying posts about musical acts is the opposite of respect.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 08, 2022, 01:27:59 AM
Pretty sure there is a difference between being outspokenly quick when responding to people while creating different threads for separate discussions and spamming, wise guy.

::)  Wiser than you. "Outspokenly quick", that's cute. I'd call it "frantic". Look at how many other threads have been started, in your short time here. You want to go bugnuts with posting about musicians, knock yourself out. But it isn't all about you, here. You post these threads with some inane commentary, and it should be obvious even to you, based on the threads/comments ratio that nobody here gives a pinch of feces about those posts.

TheFightSong

Not sure if I am fully settling in. I had to deal with bullshit from many propagandized places disguised as social media platforms. Draconian witch hunts are increasing on many "social" nedia platforms to attack people who threaten ultra-wealthy people's Orwellian New World Order that let them profit from deaths, poverty, misery, and lack of freethought from lower classes. So, I decided to come here. And I am wondering if the coast is clear enough to be in this forum.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Bluenose on February 08, 2022, 01:30:13 AM
Quote from: TheFightSong on February 08, 2022, 01:17:30 AM

As Dark Lighning put it

Slow down, show some respect for other forum members.  Hitting us with a barage of fairly unedifying posts about musical acts is the opposite of respect.
The music subforum was mostly barren compared to more active subforums, such as the "Laid Back Lounge". I was adding topics in it to make separate discussions, especially for making this forum place more active and interesting.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 08, 2022, 02:18:24 AM
Quote from: TheFightSong on February 08, 2022, 01:27:59 AM

::)  Wiser than you. "Outspokenly quick", that's cute. I'd call it "frantic". Look at how many other threads have been started, in your short time here. You want to go bugnuts with posting about musicians, knock yourself out. But it isn't all about you, here. You post these threads with some inane commentary, and it should be obvious even to you, based on the threads/comments ratio that nobody here gives a pinch of feces about those posts.
I really don't care that they give no sprinkles of glittery stardust up the glory hole where the sun doesn't shine about those posts. The "Music" subforum was boring with less topics than say the "Laid Back Lounge" subforum. So I added more topics in the "Music" subforum. Because there might be a time when people talk in them frequently if someone makes that possible.

Tank

Spam is generally considered posting the same thing repeatedly. TheFightSong has not done this so she has not broken the rules concerning spam. While her posting behaviour is idiosyncratic and unique in my experience it's not really an issue for the rules.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 08, 2022, 04:31:04 AM
Not sure if I am fully settling in. I had to deal with bullshit from many propagandized places disguised as social media platforms. Draconian witch hunts are increasing on many "social" nedia platforms to attack people who threaten ultra-wealthy people's Orwellian New World Order that let them profit from deaths, poverty, misery, and lack of freethought from lower classes. So, I decided to come here. And I am wondering if the coast is clear enough to be in this forum.

you will have to decide.

i have invited vonversation with you several times, but you have ignored me.

but for my part, you are welcome here.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

MarcusA

Rule No. 1: You will talk about Fight Club.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Recusant

Not helpful, MarcusA. This is a thread for genuine discussion of rules of this site.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken