News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

The Squid comes marchin' in

Started by Squid, June 22, 2006, 11:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

hmm...what was it doing?  I'll pm you the password to your old account to see if you can get it to log in that way.

I hope this doesn't become a problem for everyone.....eek

Squid

I got back in, thanks for your help.  I tried my password and it never worked.  I know I didn't forget it because I use the same one on my own forums everytime I log in.  Then it went to the visual confirmation thing and apparently it never liked what I typed in and it said it was wrong - is it a case sensitive thing?

Anyhow, this one works now and hopefully I won't have the same problem again.  Thanks.

Whitney

Glad it started working.  (did you say you were trying to use your old password for this one originally?  If so, that's why it didn't work.)

I think visual confirmation is case sensitive...but if I remember correctly it's in all-caps.  I've tried to make sure that visual confirmation is turned off...maybe that was after your last login.  I don't like the visual confirmation that comes with this forum because it's too hard to read...and when I try to alter the mod to be easier to read it doesn't save my changes....bleh.  It's only handy for keeping bots from joining anyway and those are easily banned.

Anyway, since that one is working now, I'll delete the solidsquid account.

silviakjell

how do robots join a web forum?
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Squid"I have been known to wear a splash of Polo blue.

Personally, I use canal no.5

Whitney

Quote from: "silviakjell"how do robots join a web forum?

I'm not sure exactly how it works.  But some people have written programs which allow computers to go through the registrations process and post things like ads on forums.  So, it's not a real robot (the kind that could walk around etc) joining the forum, just a computer program.