News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

If an atheist ran for president?

Started by Judas, June 10, 2007, 11:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scepticus

Because the poll is nationally conducted, perhaps an atheist running for a more local office in a progressive (not the south) part of the country would have a chance to be judged on their political and not releigous belifs.

Allhailtuna

Well, Doug Stanhope would have tried for Libertarian president in 2008, and he's Agnostic (Though I doubt he would win, it would probably be Dems vs Reps as usual), but then canceled his standing due to not being able to get profit from his job as a political comedian if he used it to raise support for his campaign.
He would have made a pretty good President, IMO, but anyways... If an Atheist ran for President, he would have no chance. At all. Have you noticed how candidates get cheered every time they mention Christianity?

Churchworker

He could be a false prophet lead by the devil.

Dai

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to announce that I will be running in 2024!

rlrose328

Give gays the right to marry irrevocably and you'll have my vote!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Dai

Pro-Choice, Pro-Homosexual Rights, Pro alternate fuel source, I plan on winning the Nobel Peace Prize. I have some ideas.

Also, pro-legalization of Marijuana as a recreational drug, to be treated like Alchohol, as far as driving is concerned, taxed, and sold to anyone 18 and older.

Allhailtuna

Taxes on churches? :P

rlrose328

Add Allhailtuna's taxes on churches and we've definitely got a deal, Dai.  You da man!  :)
**Kerri**

Dai

:D

Will

I've thought about running when I'm old enough. And if we ran against each other, Dai, Maybe we should vote for each other as a sign of atheist solidarity!
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

rlrose328

Please don't make me choose between the two of you  :(
**Kerri**

Will

We can flip for President/Vip. Heads.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

take2gemini

My dad and mom honestly believe that an Atheist in office would cause the country to burn to the ground.  Because Atheists are all so unpatriotic and we burn churches and eat children and all.

Whatever.

I dunno, but we shouldn't vote based on religion. I'd vote for a Satanist president if he had a good track record.

utynb

I agree with you, people are crazy!

Jesster85

To bad Richard Dawkins wasn't born in America.  :(  Even if he qualified many people would still not vote for him.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."-Richard Dawkins