News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on November 10, 2019, 05:28:38 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on November 10, 2019, 02:22:25 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 10, 2019, 02:06:14 PM
I'm sure you could run the CNC. Sit in with the operator for a shift and read through the manual.

I'll see whether I can pluck up the courage. It is pretty intimidating with its 4 meter bed size. I think I'll just give the operator the files for the profiles when things calm down a bit!

Do it! You'll learn something new and the size doesn't need to intimidate you. You're a smart guy. With a little guidance you'd be up and running in no time.

Thanks for your confidence! I'll speak to the owner of the company (my ex-wife) when she gets back from her holiday in Europe.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

That is a good shot. I like your very dynamic composition. The advice to always have a camera with you makes good sense.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

The detail of the moon was lost but just getting the clouds to show so well had me damn near flabbergasted. I have tinkered with DSLR settings quite a bit and can't come close to matching that.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on November 12, 2019, 05:14:12 AM
The detail of the moon was lost but just getting the clouds to show so well had me damn near flabbergasted. I have tinkered with DSLR settings quite a bit and can't come close to matching that.

You could with a NEF file and some post-processing in something like Lightroom.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

my lovely wife took a picture of the jerusalem artichokes before it got cold

i can't get her to turn the camera sideways, but so it goes

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on November 14, 2019, 09:00:55 PM
my lovely wife took a picture of the jerusalem artichokes before it got cold

i can't get her to turn the camera sideways, but so it goes

That's a beautiful picture and the portrait format is perfect IMO.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

hermes2015

Quote from: Buddy on November 17, 2019, 09:37:49 PM
House demolition started today!

That is not a happy picture, but thank you for sharing it with us.
― Charles Eames

Buddy

It kind of is a happy picture after having to look at the empty shell of a home for the last month.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

A charity holiday meal I spent all my lunch money for the week on. If only I could've found a freeze dried turkey. Cured ham was far too expensive.

jumbojak

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

― Charles Eames