News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - March 26, 2024, 09:24:17 PM
Quote from: Old Seer on March 25, 2024, 01:29:10 PMEveryone is a duel personality, good guy, bad guy. Those two are the basics one relates to others. Personality is determined by others under which of the two is the prominent of the person.

Bullshit
Last post by Old Seer - March 25, 2024, 01:29:10 PM
Everyone is a duel personality, good guy, bad guy. Those two are the basics one relates to others. Personality is determined by others under which of the two is the prominent of the person.
Last post by zorkan - March 25, 2024, 12:48:03 PM
There is always a paradox.
Just like atheism is both belief and non-belief.
I don't believe in atheism but people tell me they do believe in it as a non-belief.
I've been reading a book called Atheism. I don't see what the author (Graham Oppy) is trying to prove, because he can't.
He talks about the Innocents, people who cannot possibly know one way or the other. Like children or mental health sufferers.
I class atheism as an intellectual subject and theism as more like a feeling.

Yet what we call life and the universe does exist and probably only in our brains.

PS. Meaning of life and the universe as revealed is simply to convert waves into mesons into electrons.
There is no need to debate anything else.

Last post by Me_Be - March 25, 2024, 10:28:36 AM
Quote from: zorkan on March 22, 2024, 12:16:13 PMI don't believe in belief.
I'm even atheist to atheism.
As I am to all crackpot beliefs, except one.

I was personally visited by the angel Zarani on behalf of the goddess Zorka to reveal the truth about life and the universe.
It was described on gold plates which I have now buried, but to you my friends I am willing to divulge it if you wish me to do so.

So you have but ONE belief; the one that was described to you by an angel. Okay!

There are many beliefs, and yet no 'believer' has ever been seen or touched.
Last post by Me_Be - March 25, 2024, 10:20:14 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on March 22, 2024, 11:22:23 AMthoughts are processes. They can touch reality through triggering proper outputs. Even if we grant the premise that thoughts cannot touch reality, however, how do you arrive at the conclusion that it is because reality is inconceivable? Being inconceivable is not a bar from being touched in any way physically or metaphorically, so... Yeah.
To think of nonduality is paradoxical by association via the process of thought.  The human mind can conceive of everything except that which is in and of itself conceiving.
 In order to call reality nondual you have to define it, draw a border around it, and then instantly you have duality, never nonduality.
You can never ever touch nonduality.
It very like is- when the brain is depleted of the necessities/elements to remain existing any and all manner of hallucinations can come about.
Quote from: manga on April 26, 2017, 11:31:07 PMDr Long has the largest database of 1600 NDEs, and he claims that all of the OBEs he has tested yield 97.5% accuracy. One example is a man who had cardiac arrest, was able to see a nurse clean his mouth with specifically a pink cloth, he was able to identify which doctor out of 3 was shining a light in his eyes, and he saw a nervous looking woman staring from behind curtains at the procedure. He was able to identify the woman was blonde, and that was all true. Dr. Long also states that only 1 in 1000 report any awareness during anesthesia. How then, did he have 20 out of 200 cases where people under anesthesia were able to have OBEs? Dr. Penny Sartori, another researcher and medical doctor, says that she has had cases of hallucinations which are fragmented, and they are confusing, while NDErs and OBErs have clearer than normal perceptions and visions. According to Dr. Long, 76% of experiencers claimed that they had more vivid visions than real life.
Does this prove the afterlife?
Absolutely NOT . The clue is in the letter "N" of NDE which stands for near, how does being nearly dead prove an afterlife? Surely you would need to be actually dead and then return to life in order to prove post mortem existence, also why would you trust what's happening to a dying brain? It sounds a bit suspect to me.
Quote from: manga on April 08, 2017, 01:09:39 AM
Quote from: Recusant on April 08, 2017, 12:44:24 AMDo you find this sort of thing convincing, manga?

I am not sure what to think. I do think it is weird how someone who is blind claims that they saw their body when they would have no idea what a body or a person actually looks like. I'm just surprised these patients actually went on interviews and told their stories. A blind person who was always blind cannot see in dreams, only hear. Therefore, it is possible that some of these blind nders lied, but I'm not sure why they would. I would say I don't believe it or disbelieve at this point
Sounds like a variation of this⬇️

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_syndrome
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Jokes Thread (Was named An...
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - March 24, 2024, 07:50:14 AM
Media / Re: Re: Post YouTube videos th...
Last post by Tom62 - March 23, 2024, 09:18:38 AM