News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: "T"

Started by Recusant, June 19, 2019, 04:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

We've had an "Ssss" theme, and now one to follow-- "T". This might include tea or tea cups or tea sets, T intersections, any items or objects beginning with "T" or whatever you decide fitting.

Despite the recommendation that fewer entries be allowed per entrant, I think for now we'll continue to err in favour of excess.  :grin:

Up to five images will be accepted from each member, and entries will be open for the next two to three weeks, depending on response. Of course I intend to give some warning before closing. Please send them to me preferably via PM, or via the email address in my profile: recusantathaf |at| gmail.com. Cheers! :sidesmile:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

That's a large category.  Maybe T-Bone steaks, Tee shirts, teetotalers, .......mellaleuca alternifolia is tea tree oil,,,,,,,and onward.  Then there are turds, Teats, turkey, titmice, tonado, etc.  and may the FSM help us there is Trump

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

All I can think of are Textbooks. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

:notsure:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

When I was in Brasília a few weeks ago I stayed in a nice little one-room apartment which I had found via Airbnb. They had placed stickers all over the place with rules and guidelines written in both Portuguese and English, and one of them said, 'To ligate [sic] the microwave and the toaster, use the T'.

The T, you say?

This is what's commonly known as a 'T' (just a T) in Brazil:

What exactly do you call that in English? A T-plug?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 29, 2019, 05:37:40 PM

:twitch: I call that an electrical fire waiting to happen.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 29, 2019, 11:06:11 PM

*Looks at 'T' next to me all plugged up with desk fan, computer and cellphone recharger wires.*

Living dangerously.  :P

jumbojak

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 29, 2019, 11:06:11 PM

You would've loved the house I grew up in. The upstairs rooms had a single electrical outlet which was built into the overhead light fixture. Your extension cord had to hang really, really close to the hot lightbulb. Knob and tube wiring at that.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

Last call for entries. If you plan on submitting something, but don't quite have it ready, please PM me. Will be posting the poll this week unless somebody requests more time.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

When I was in Brasília a few weeks ago I stayed in a nice little one-room apartment which I had found via Airbnb. They had placed stickers all over the place with rules and guidelines written in both Portuguese and English, and one of them said, 'To ligate [sic] the microwave and the toaster, use the T'.

The T, you say?

This is what's commonly known as a 'T' (just a T) in Brazil:

We would say "tee" in English, at least in the US. "ligate" would be "connect" or "attach", like chemical ligands. The real name for that was given in some ancient electrical safety film I watched back in the '60s. Octopus (polvo)!

jumbojak

I completely forgot about this and probably won't be submitting anything this time. This has been a busy month. *Sigh*

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on July 21, 2019, 11:47:19 PM
I completely forgot about this and probably won't be submitting anything this time. This has been a busy month. *Sigh*

Just take a photo of your toes. And a tomato. It will only take a few seconds.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 22, 2019, 04:54:22 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on July 21, 2019, 11:47:19 PM

Just take a photo of your toes. And a tomato. It will only take a few seconds.

And a tyre! Don't forget the tyre!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.