News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 09, 2019, 06:52:32 AM
The second one is beautifully sharp. I am now inspired to try similar shots.

The first one would benefit from focus stacking.

I don't think focus stacking is possible with a reversing ring. Sad.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on June 09, 2019, 02:02:14 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 09, 2019, 06:52:32 AM
The second one is beautifully sharp. I am now inspired to try similar shots.

The first one would benefit from focus stacking.

I don't think focus stacking is possible with a reversing ring. Sad.

It is possible if you can manage to take a set of 10 or so photos focused from the near edge of the object to the far edge, without moving the camera. You then combine the photos using suitable software. Without the reversing ring you can use the free digiCamControl program to control the focus of your Nikon automatically.
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Focus with my reversing ring is done by moving the camera, it's all based on distance. Turning the focus with the lens reversed doesn't do anything. I would like to get a micro lens but that's well off in the future. Not having a light meter makes the process rather tedius.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on June 09, 2019, 02:58:49 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 09, 2019, 08:35:44 AM

That's a really cool building.

The interiors are also good, but I could not get in today (Sunday).

https://www.visi.co.za/sasols-sandton-headquarters/

There are so many of these new generation ones all over the city now. I should make an effort to shoot more of them.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

These were taken this morning at the Bryanston Organic Market.

― Charles Eames

jumbojak

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on June 09, 2019, 05:02:20 AM

Am I correct in assuming that this is a mm scale? I am asking because I am experimenting with one of my normal lenses (non-macro Nikon 135mm f/2) to see whether I can get close to your excellent sharpness without investing in a set of reversing rings. I know I cannot get my photos as sharp as yours, but in homage to Dave I am tinkering with my setup as shown here.

I've assembled a little tablescape of objects, including a small Buddha, a needle and thread, and a set square marked in mm, to try it out. Sorry about the bad quality photo taken with my Samsung cell phone.

I will show the results in the other thread when I have some.
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Very nice sharp shots, inspiring me again to keep trying with my non-macro lens setup. I hope to show some results tomorrow.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 16, 2019, 07:20:22 PM
Very nice sharp shots, inspiring me again to keep trying with my non-macro lens setup. I hope to show some results tomorrow.

I look forward to seeing them :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.