News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

^ Well maybe that kitty likes pizza, Buddy.  Be a good neighbor and share.

Arturo

I'm afraid I might be falling for the same thing I have before. It's probably no big deal but I went out with a girl tonight to buy her a cup of coffee as a friend. I know she has a boyfriend and they were in the process of getting together when I met them not long ago. But this is very reminiscent of what happened just before I went to the psychiatric hospital the first time. And it was related to a lot of stress around that time as well.

But this is probably nothing to worry about because this is a different person but still. I feel like people just hang around me because I have money.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

One of the things that got to my mind with the other thread that I made. Coal miners. Trump's given thing with making Coal miners and steel miners, ect. got me to thinking.

Aren't robots going to take those jobs?

So I did a search and yep. Pretty much going to be done by robots. Maybe there is a method to his madness? Or maybe he just got lucky because he is flailing around like an chicken with his head cut off everytime he speaks. He might have that knowledge stuffed somewhere into his subconscious but doesn't announce it because he is a chaotic mess of a person.

We will see how this goes. Things like this should be given a graceful change. Not a forced one that could collapse and cripple the entire world economy forever.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Turnip is good at promising things. He hardly ever keeps them. He pandered to blue collar workers for their votes, the blue collar workers fell for it. It wasn't luck, it was taking advantage of the hope of workers fearing that they would no longer be able to provide for their families.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on May 15, 2018, 03:03:38 PM
Turnip is good at promising things. He hardly ever keeps them. He pandered to blue collar workers for their votes, the blue collar workers fell for it. It wasn't luck, it was taking advantage of the hope of workers fearing that they would no longer be able to provide for their families.

Well that's what any good politician would do. And just about any crooked company would do when to get you to buy their product.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Guardian85

Quote from: Arturo on May 14, 2018, 10:44:37 PM
One of the things that got to my mind with the other thread that I made. Coal miners. Trump's given thing with making Coal miners and steel miners, ect. got me to thinking.

Just going to be a bit of a pedantic smart-ass: You don't mine steel. It is an alloy. You mine iron, then turn it into steel in a steel mill.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Arturo

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 15, 2018, 05:24:35 PM
Quote from: Arturo on May 14, 2018, 10:44:37 PM

Just going to be a bit of a pedantic smart-ass: You don't mine steel. It is an alloy. You mine iron, then turn it into steel in a steel mill.  ;D

I was thinking of the carts that they use. But regardless, those jobs are like a couple years away from being done by robots completely. The jobs will still be there, but the human element will start to be phased out. In fact, that might be why the politics in my father's last company that he worked for let him go and had a lazy guy (according to my Dad the guy never actually worked at all) in charge of very important things. My Father is an amazingly hard worker and always does a great fucking job. Even according to his co-workers, they always tell him wherever he works that the place will fall apart if he ever leaves. But they let him go anyways. They might be phasing his forte to robots as we speak. His previous job as a sign builder he quit because he couldn't work with the new owner. And he started doing truck driving until he landed the job at the factory where they laid him off. Now he is still working there but as a contractor whose job is also going to be phased out. But later rather than sooner.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Guardian85

So, yesterday I got the message that my grandmother died.
Not a big surprise. She had a significant brain hemmorage about a year ago and was pretty much gone already. Lately she had been declining and noone was surprised when she packed it in.

From a certain point of view I am glad she finally died. She always vocally refused any thought of being in a care facility, so the past year was not the way she would have wanted it. And she really died last year when her brain blew it's gasket. Personality, memories, agency...that all went out the window. That's not living.
And this whole situation has been quite a strain on my mother.

At lest she's at peace now.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 16, 2018, 10:04:33 PM
So, yesterday I got the message that my grandmother died.
Not a big surprise. She had a significant brain hemmorage about a year ago and was pretty much gone already. Lately she had been declining and noone was surprised when she packed it in.

From a certain point of view I am glad she finally died. She always vocally refused any thought of being in a care facility, so the past year was not the way she would have wanted it. And she really died last year when her brain blew it's gasket. Personality, memories, agency...that all went out the window. That's not living.
And this whole situation has been quite a strain on my mother.

At lest she's at peace now.
I'm sorry to hear this, Guardian85.   :therethere:

~My condolences.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

That's tough Guardian. I've lost people I was close to who had ended up in a similar situation.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Sorry to hear about that Guardian.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

hermes2015

My condolences, Guardian85.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Even when you are expecting it and know it is "for the best" the loss is somehow not diminished.

My condolences, Guardisn.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

Sad to hear about your and your family's loss, Guardian85. However inevitable, death is rarely welcome.  :(
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

My mother had Alzheimers, my father died besieged by disease.
I didn't feel bereft when they died but I miss them now and then.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.