News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Um...

Started by Nam, February 19, 2016, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

I'll get around to it. Some of you are impatient. You'll loathe my style of argumentation. I'm the type that draws things out; màinly for my own humor.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Icarus

I smell a troll who has little to contribute to an intelligent discourse on any subject of interest to the overwhelmingly rational HAF members. Shades of MLA.

Nam

Troll? Trolls are usually people who piss and leave (whether by their means, or someone else's). Trolls usually do not stick around and engage a community. I'm the type who likes to see who I'm dealing with.

I do like a good argument; better with a religious person. Seems only atheists are here. No matter, I can piss them off, too.

-Nam

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Nam on February 23, 2016, 04:11:06 AM
I do like a good argument; better with a religious person. Seems only atheists are here. No matter, I can piss them off, too.

Yeah, we're shy of religious types lately.  Right now it's Bruce holding down the fort, and he's quite liberal in his theology.  We used to have several conservative Xtians (including one who'd invented his own sect), a few more liberal Xtians, at least one Muslim and even a Satanist (who I believe converted to Islam).  I guess we didn't argue enough for them either, or maybe didn't get convinced easily enough.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Honestly, I'm not sure yet if you've come here to troll, if you just tend to blunt and upfront with your ideas or a mixture of both but I do hope that you'll find a way to contribute to this forum without alienating people.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: Nam on February 23, 2016, 12:30:44 AM
I'll get around to it. Some of you are impatient. You'll loathe my style of argumentation.
Ooooh! One point for Nam!

Quote from: Nam on February 23, 2016, 12:30:44 AM
I'm the type that draws things out; màinly for my own humor.

-Nam

I'm sorry, Nam...I couldn't help it.  :grin:

It's not you, Nam, it's me.  :(
Tank, please, ban me right now.
Help me stop doing these sort of things.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Nam

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 23, 2016, 05:04:28 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure yet if you've come here to troll, if you just tend to blunt and upfront with your ideas or a mixture of both but I do hope that you'll find a way to contribute to this forum without alienating people.

I'm not a troll. I'm blunt, and I may alienate people. I'm an arguer. I like to argue. My father (before we stopped talking to each other) proved to my sister that I will argue about anything. This is how it went: (instead of using my real name, I'll use my nickname, which is "Nam" since 1997)

Dad: "Nam, what's the color of black?"
Nam: "Um...black."
Nam"...well, actually black isn't a color. It's the absence of color..."
Dad: "See." (says toward my sister)
Nam: "Did you know that "white" is a reflection of all color, figuratively speaking..."
Dad: "You can shut up now."

I didn't. I kept going, and it pissed him off. Good times.

;)

-Nam

Nam

I could probably get a JW here if you'd like?

-Nam

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on February 23, 2016, 03:54:33 AM
I smell a troll who has little to contribute to an intelligent discourse on any subject of interest to the overwhelmingly rational HAF members. Shades of MLA.
Oh don't be so grumpy! Your outdoing ASMO!  :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Nam on February 23, 2016, 04:11:06 AM
Troll? Trolls are usually people who piss and leave (whether by their means, or someone else's). Trolls usually do not stick around and engage a community. I'm the type who likes to see who I'm dealing with.

-Nam
If you actively attempt to piss people off here I'll have no problem adding a notch to my ban-hammer. Can't remember the last time I used it.

Also trolls come in all shapes and sizes.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Nam

I don't take to threats. Also, people getting pissed off is on them, not me. I piss them off because I am the way I am, not because I actively look to piss them off, that's just an added bonus.

-Nam

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Nam on February 23, 2016, 06:13:05 AM

Would he like being here, and post without preaching?  Preaching's the biggest problem we have with religious types, only a few seem capable of discussing religion without preaching.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Nam on February 23, 2016, 07:55:05 AM
I don't take to threats. Also, people getting pissed off is on them, not me. I piss them off because I am the way I am, not because I actively look to piss them off, that's just an added bonus.

-Nam
I did say 'actively' so if you just debate forcefully, politely and accurately. There won't be a problem. And I don't do threats I just offer guidance.

Tank

Quote from: Nam on February 23, 2016, 06:13:05 AM

-Nam

Only if he/she would like.

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on February 23, 2016, 05:25:37 AM
Tank, please, ban me right now.
Help me stop doing these sort of things.

Tank did ban somebody for that once.
Retired member.