News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: "Spheres"

Started by Recusant, March 16, 2020, 07:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Even if you're self-quarantined, you can still take photos and share them.  :)

The theme of the new HAF photo challenge is spheres. From hermes2015: "Spheres could be taken literally as spherical objects, or spheres of influence." Or indeed, anything else your imagination and whimsy might alight upon that in some way exemplifies the theme.

Up to five images will be accepted from each member, and entries will be open for the next two to three weeks, depending on response. I'll provide ample warning before closing the entries. Please send them to me preferably via PM, or via the email address in my profile: recusantathaf |at| gmail.com.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Thank you for helping with this, Recusant.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

So we can submit pictures of balls?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on March 16, 2020, 07:31:32 PM
So we can submit pictures of balls?

Need you ask? That's why I chose the theme.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Just a reminder that photos you've taken in the past are completely acceptable. This is pretty much always the case for these photo challenges, but it seemed worthwhile to mention it explicitly given the current circumstances.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: Recusant on March 25, 2020, 02:53:14 PM
Just a reminder that photos you've taken in the past are completely acceptable. This is pretty much always the case for these photo challenges, but it seemed worthwhile to mention it explicitly given the current circumstances.

Thanks, Recusant. Even roundish vegetables would do!
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 25, 2020, 03:06:36 PM

:chin: Roundish veggies with googly eyes stuck on them.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2020, 03:12:35 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 25, 2020, 03:06:36 PM

:chin: Roundish veggies with googly eyes stuck on them.

Careful! I may steal your excellent surreal idea.
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Brussels sprouts with peppercorn eyes.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

I think I must have been a bit deranged when I suggested Spheres, because I'm struggling to shoot anything half decent. I suppose I could shoot myself - I'm quite spherical.
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

hermes2015

My suggestion is to delay submission of photos for a few weeks, until less stressful times. Assuming things will be better in a month or so.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Personally I'd rather set a date so we have something to focus on rather than CV-19!