News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The Great Zompocalypse of 2020-

Started by Asmodean, April 12, 2020, 12:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I haven't checked in for a while, which may or may not have been rather inconsiderate of me in these End Times(tm) of ours. Long story short, yes, The Graygod yet lives. No, He has not been zombified. He may or may not be behind the Zompocalypse, what with them Luxembourgers getting a little uppity. He also may or may not be any better at targeted plagues than the fake God.

I haven't run a search for other zompocalypse threads, but assume that it may have been talked half to death already, as it's near-impossible to avoid being bombarded with it at every turn, but I thought that in my quest to avoid punditry and other arse-borne opinions, I'd point to a couple of resources I use;

For the numbers, I prefer Johns Hopkins interactive map 

At this point, it shows a certain flattening trend to many a infection curve in Europe, with notable exceptions being the UK, Turkey and Sweden. Still, most places seem not to be in the exponential phase, which... Better than being in it, I suppose.

On a related note, another thing I can hardly spit without hitting is China conspiracies. They did it on purpose and/or they lie about their numbers and/or reparations bloody now! I do not know if they released/lost control of a bioweapon, but if they did, it was a thoroughly incompetent one. It affects them just as well as the others, both directly and more subtly through for example long-term economic concerns and in an event of a "hot war," it's not nearly debilitating enough. Could it have happened? Yes, I suppose, but my point is this; if it were a weapon, they could have done better.

Their numbers are a more interesting thing to dissect. The numbers themselves don't really matter as much as the progression curve, and in a country not above welding people inside high-rises, one must assume that a pretty high-efficiency quarantine can be imposed. On those grounds, combined with their relative transparency in this matter, their curve is believable. Is it worth it though? Such measures would not fly in the West regardless, but I thought I'd pose the question; would you agree to any government measure (Excepting maybe president Duterte's "just shooting people" approach) in order to combat the spread of the disease? If not, where do you draw the line?

Thunderf00t made some good content, based from what I can tell on the abovementioned JHU numbers (he uses their maps and graphs in the vid - I'm talking about the numbers he crunches in his slightly-simplistic but servicable models), on his new channel. I'll link one of the vids here;

Also, just because I work with 5G and could not resist,

So yeah... That out of the way, how is Zompocalypse treating you? Alive and well, I hope?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Hey Asmo! :wave hi: Good to see you again, some of us were wondering if you were too busy with your plans to take Luxembourg to post here :grin: :P

Indeed, this zompocalypse, right? ::) The situation we find ourselves in...even so, better to stay at home even if that means many hours of just staring at the ceiling and wondering if the president of Brazil is mutated strain of zombie, one that abhors brains instead of seeking them to nourish his own dead soul. But anyway, plenty of those political rants elsewhere. :deadpan:

I would paint the walls and watch them dry if it weren't for the smell. And speaking of smells, a neighbor is up to no good burning incense again. ::) Ugh.

On a related note, the building I'm in is getting ready for the zombie invasion by barricading the entrance. I kid you not! I will take pictures sometime soon and upload them. :lol: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

You really have to wonder how humanity as survived for as long as it has.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on April 12, 2020, 12:00:05 PM
Long story short, yes, The Graygod yet lives. No, He has not been zombified.
:frolic:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

It's splendid to see you here, o Grey Eminence.  :thumbsup:

The 5G thing is interesting, seems like a variation on the "WiFi is bad for your sleep and for your general health" line of thought.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

Welcome back, Greygod.
These are bad times indeed. I've also given it lots of thought and I'm tempted to approve Duarte's idea of shooting anyone who doesn't stick to the rules. That would send a clear message about the seriousness of the situation and that it is healthier for you (and others) not to be a fucking moron. I'm pretty sure that this is not politically correct, but what the hell. I don't want me, my wife, my family or even my cats catch the virus from a moron who thinks that (s)he is above the law for whatever stupid reason.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 12, 2020, 04:28:21 PM
On a related note, the building I'm in is getting ready for the zombie invasion by barricading the entrance. I kid you not! I will take pictures sometime soon and upload them. :lol:
Sounds like a smart precaution. First, the Zs are a-coming, then the government lifts the ban on looting, then... Looters!  :smilenod: I've played that game. Know how it goes.

Quote from: Magdalena on April 12, 2020, 06:34:11 PM:frolic:
:toff: (We ought to have a less pretentious "Mornin'" emoticon)

Quote from: Recusant on April 12, 2020, 08:30:35 PM
The 5G thing is interesting, seems like a variation on the "WiFi is bad for your sleep and for your general health" line of thought.
I believe so. Additionally, these days, I think some people just need an outlet for blame, and the Chinese Communist Party is very big, very powerful and very, very far away. A 5G mast, on the other hand... Well...

There will *always* be a conspiracy theorist screaming at the skies that they are falling, and in times like these, more regular people may side with him and to a greater degree for the aforementioned reason. There will *always* be an apologist, saying that Falling Skies (Good Sci-Fi series. Not great, but good. I recommend for the Zompocalypse Binge) are the best thing that could ever happen. As is usual, the truth is somewhere in-between. In this case, what data we have place it closer to the apologist than the doomer, but that's not to say that it's completely without side effects. I suspect the most severe of those not to be directly health-related though - a disturbing number of people I know already have the mindset of "Social distancing, you say? Yeah, OK. SSDD." Give them better, faster, more omnipresent internet connection, and into the Matrix they well and truly go.

Quote from: Tom62 on April 12, 2020, 08:36:09 PM
These are bad times indeed. I've also given it lots of thought and I'm tempted to approve Duarte's idea of shooting anyone who doesn't stick to the rules. That would send a clear message about the seriousness of the situation and that it is healthier for you (and others) not to be a fucking moron. I'm pretty sure that this is not politically correct, but what the hell. I don't want me, my wife, my family or even my cats catch the virus from a moron who thinks that (s)he is above the law for whatever stupid reason.
Thing is, I don't want to be zombified by a idiot who went to a party with other idiots and one of them coughed at some point. However, how far am I willing to go in order to limit said idiot's right to go to a party and get coughed at..? Hmm...

It's a difficult question, but I do lean somewhat towards the responsibility to protect myself from infection and others from being infected by me to primarily be my own. I suppose that means that if the aforementioned idiot *does* infect somebody due to carelessness, then there should be consequences. If not - not. (This applies to people breaking quarantine and the like as well as people being "normal kind of stupid")
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Magdalena on April 12, 2020, 06:34:11 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 12, 2020, 12:00:05 PM
Long story short, yes, The Graygod yet lives. No, He has not been zombified.
:frolic:

Quote from: Asmodean on April 13, 2020, 02:38:32 PM

:toff: (We ought to have a less pretentious "Mornin'" emoticon)

No, we don't.  :reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Asmodean

That 4 though... I heard it was skulls. In fact,

See? You see?! Them's be bashing the wrong thing!
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on April 16, 2020, 12:35:20 AM
That 4 though... I heard it was skulls. In fact,

See? You see?! Them's be bashing the wrong thing!

:lol: That's awesome  ;D

I have a theory. It's obvious he has a wifi range extender inside his skull. The Chinese implanted it because they are communists. 

Asmodean

:notsure: So... So it was the Chinese after all! Tinfoil undies people were right!
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on April 16, 2020, 01:27:58 AM
:notsure: So... So it was the Chinese after all! Tinfoil undies people were right!

...could also be aliens masquerading as Chinese, who knows? :notsure:

Asmodean

:o Chinese aliens! They are the worst kind, I hear, with the spikiest of anal probes!

We're doomed. DOOMED!
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.