News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Necropost Warning... Ignore it zombies are fun!

Started by Pasta Chick, June 01, 2016, 03:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

I just posted in an older topic and got an automatic warning that the topic is inactive and I should start a new thread instead. I just wanted to bring this up as unlike most forums who do actively discourage "necroposting", HAF has always had long-running mega-threads that go inactive and come back, and has in the past encouraged adding new thoughts to old topics.

Recusant

Yeah, there's no HAF rule about necroing old threads--people can if they want to. That warning is part of the software for the site and should not discourage anybody who wants to open an old thread back up.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

gentle_dissident

I suggest that if the warning can't be disabled, then this thread should be a sticky.

Recusant

Excellent suggestion. Done.  ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

I changed the title to reflect the fact that there is no issue and any thread can be brought back from the grave.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.