Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Not sure; I saw it lying in a heap of scrap metal. It looked like part of an extraction hood that was probably mounted over a cooking range in a restaurant kitchen.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

That is one of the cleanest of photo images BP.  Mother Nature is a bitch when provoked but she is also a spectacular artist.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: jumbojak on March 06, 2019, 01:19:42 AM
Is there a critter in the crotch of that tree?

Could be but I work on a don't tell don't ask principle. 
I think our crotch fauna is our own business.  I've seen the Doctor Phil show, you Americans share too much.

Quote from: Tank on March 06, 2019, 08:48:20 AM
Fuck! It's a Drop Bear!!!

If the Ewoks had of looked like this that movie would have had more cred.
Shame they didn't get the arboreal marsupial claws in the pic.

Tank

Ewoks, the least scary creatures in the Universe, real or imagined!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 05, 2019, 09:03:51 AM
Just goes to show that nature has "good taste" in colour combinations. The photo reminded me of Morris Louis:

Nature can be pretty fricken gaudy but she gets away with it somehow.

I'm just going to put this here as a link, I didn't like the look of it shrunk.
It's not meant to be an example of gaudy.
We all know that the F11 key makes a browser screen full screen, removes the menus and stuff, push it again and it comes back, don't we?
https://i.imgur.com/IaRurv5.jpg

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Icarus on March 06, 2019, 12:18:49 AM
That is one of the cleanest of photo images BP.  Mother Nature is a bitch when provoked but she is also a spectacular artist.

She could of given me a blue sky.
They are, at my skill level at least very difficult to Photoshop into this kinda pic.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Tank

Bad Penny II

That's cool.
I had one a few weeks ago coming into land in a tree above me, it had second thoughts about the suspicious guy in the pink boat and did some impressive manoeuvring to wing it elsewhere.  No camera ready to catch it so I only have a vague recollection.

I'd brighten him up if it was me but I do have my monitor set darkish.

Icarus

An excellent photo that could be used to study the anatomy of the predatory Hawk .  I admire them for their outstanding ability.  I have seen them capture and fly off with a fish that weighs as much or more than they do.  The impressive wing area is the key to that ability.

The large church across the street from my house has a steeple with a cross on top of the steeple.  It must be 100 feet high. The crossbar is often the resting place for a hunting Osprey.  From that vantage point they can see more than one nearby body of water that  contains their preferred food; fish. It s a study in contrast that a killer predator would perch himself on the cross.  I reckon that Ospreys are not very religious, but they are beautiful in their own way.