News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 28, 2018, 04:11:29 PM
My car almost passed inspection. All I need is one tire. That's such a relief.
That's always a nice surprise!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on November 29, 2018, 12:06:28 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 28, 2018, 04:11:29 PM
My car almost passed inspection. All I need is one tire. That's such a relief.
That's always a nice surprise!

Especially when you know that the muffler won't pass.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Feeling less sleep deprived.  :woohoo!:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

A kind customer brought us a meat and cheese platter for the holidays!  :frolic:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Only tomorrow to go then off till Jan 2nd!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

I'm working a normal week, but it's getting quieter by the hour. I like it - getting to actually do that mountain of work I saved for the quiet times.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on December 18, 2018, 01:24:35 PM
I'm working a normal week, but it's getting quieter by the hour. I like it - getting to actually do that mountain of work I saved for the quiet times.

That's what nights are for!  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Going to the shopping centre in a while to buy presents. Since I'm terrible at buying presents, I'll probably just get everyone a gift card. :grin:

Icarus

There is a notion or perhaps a beginning of a sensible line of reasoning.  It is reported that 25% or more of American households are adopting a No gifting agreement with their relatives.   The matter of fact is that many of us already have what we need or want.  Any further introductions into our household is neither needed or wanted.  Christmas gifting, according to Lucy in the Peanuts comic strip, is a scam perpetrated by a big retail syndicate in the east.

Alright already, we still give gifts to little kids who still believe in Santa Clause.  My most revered daughter who lives hundreds of miles away has not yet signed up with the practical matter.  She sent me a beautiful bottle of fifteen year old scotch...... What the hell I may change my mind about the not gifting thing.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on December 21, 2018, 12:20:54 AM
There is a notion or perhaps a beginning of a sensible line of reasoning.  It is reported that 25% or more of American households are adopting a No gifting agreement with their relatives.   The matter of fact is that many of us already have what we need or want.  Any further introductions into our household is neither needed or wanted.  Christmas gifting, according to Lucy in the Peanuts comic strip, is a scam perpetrated by a big retail syndicate in the east.

Alright already, we still give gifts to little kids who still believe in Santa Clause.  My most revered daughter who lives hundreds of miles away has not yet signed up with the practical matter.  She sent me a beautiful bottle of fifteen year old scotch...... What the hell I may change my mind about the not gifting thing.

I could never stick to a no-gift rule, I enjoy gifts too much.  This year, tho, in order to avoid the giving people things they don't want or need problem, I donated money in everyone's name to a charity I thought they'd like.  I'll see how well that goes over.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on December 21, 2018, 12:20:54 AM

I think that I would pour said scotch out, slowly, in protest.

Kind of like the story about the popular professor at a university who was given a box of his favorite cigars by his class at the end of the school year. His comment was, "We are not supposed to take gifts from students, since it may look as though they are currying favor for grades. Therefore, I am going to take these home and burn them."

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

Well, the newest Nikon is headed to the stable. It's one of their Prostaff rimfire rifle scopes and I have to say that the low light performance is very impressive. I'll mount it tonight and sight it in tomorrow. Five hundred rounds should do the trick.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on December 24, 2018, 10:20:43 PM
Well, the newest Nikon is headed to the stable. It's one of their Prostaff rimfire rifle scopes and I have to say that the low light performance is very impressive. I'll mount it tonight and sight it in tomorrow. Five hundred rounds should do the trick.

This is a camera, right?  Looking forward to the results.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

jumbojak

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 24, 2018, 10:27:51 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on December 24, 2018, 10:20:43 PM

This is a camera, right?  Looking forward to the results.

No, this is a rifle scope. Clay targets shall tremble at the mention of my name!