News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

US National Labor Relations Board Has Been Corrupted by Feminazis!

Started by Recusant, February 18, 2018, 01:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Davin on April 03, 2018, 05:21:11 PM
I don't think that insulting women, even ones not currently commenting, provides a very friendly environment.

Almost everyone here insults Trump.
No one calls anyone out on that.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 04, 2018, 04:07:25 PM
Quote from: Davin on April 03, 2018, 05:21:11 PM
I don't think that insulting women, even ones not currently commenting, provides a very friendly environment.
No one calls
Maybe you changed your phone number?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Asmodean

Maybe I should white knight for him? Wouldn't that be something?! :oooh-me!:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on April 04, 2018, 05:48:11 PM
Not a big leap from your white knighting for Damore.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on April 04, 2018, 05:59:19 PM
Ooh, it would be quite a leap, as I would have to learn to get offended on behalf of Trump for things coming out of people's mouth. I'm honestly not sure if I'm up to the challenge, but I suppose I could troll my way through it.  :grin:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on April 04, 2018, 06:06:41 PM
Quote from: Davin on April 04, 2018, 05:59:19 PM
Ooh, it would be quite a leap, as I would have to learn to get offended on behalf of Trump for things coming out of people's mouth. I'm honestly not sure if I'm up to the challenge, but I suppose I could troll my way through it.  :grin:
I suppose you could, I'm sure that your white knighting is boundless. On with your fight for social justice.

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on April 04, 2018, 07:27:47 PM
I suppose you could, I'm sure that your white knighting is boundless. On with your fight for social justice.
I could too, couldn't I?!  :frolic:

Pretending to be an SJW for Trump... THAT can be turned into some epic comedy, I think. I don't really see an angle at the moment, but... I'll think about it.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Just use the same angle you're using for Damore and #GamerGate. The strategy is the same: Ignore misogynistic behavior and views while pretending that there is something else driving the person and/or movement.

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on April 04, 2018, 09:12:27 PM
pretending that there is something else driving the person and/or movement.
Yeah... This right here, you may need to substantiate.

As for Damore, no, it wouldn't work. My beef with Google is not over what they said, but what they did and how they operate.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/not-smart-enough-men-overestimate-intelligence-science-class-n862801?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
The average grade in the class was a 3.3. But when they asked students to ask if they were smarter than their classmates, "the average male student thinks he is smarter than 66 percent of the class, while the average female student thinks she is smarter than 54 percent of the class," Brownell said.

Statistically, about half of people in any group should be above the average, and half below it.

The students worked in groups and as partners and when asked to rate themselves compared to their closest workmate, the men thought they'd be smarter than 61 percent of their colleagues. Women put the number closer to 33 percent.

[...]

"Females are not participating as much in science class. They are not raising their hands and answering questions." It's not that they are less able, but that they see themselves as less able — and so do their teachers, classmates and, eventually, employers.

That is all in spite of the actual grades.

I doubt that the men are intentionally being biased, but the bias is still there.