Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

French Pres Says We're Not Doing Enough
It could of bin tha prime minister, the guy in control anyway
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Bad Penny II

Emmanuel Macron has said that the world is "losing the battle" against climate change and issued a plea to the leaders of wealthy countries: "We're not moving quick enough. We all need to act."

Mr Macron was speaking at the One Planet summit in Paris, a meeting of 50 countries to which the US President was not invited.

But in a light-hearted nod to Donald Trump, who has called climate change a "hoax", the tag line for the summit was "Make Our Planet Great Again".

Mr Macron said the US was not willing to "join the club" on combating climate change, he told Time.  As part of the summit, 18 mostly US-based scientists will win paid opportunities to live and conduct climate-related research in Europe, away from the climate scepticism of Mr Trump.

Davin

Pretty sure we already lost, it just hasn't hit us yet. No matter what we do now, it's going to get rough. What we can do though, is lessen the impact, and reduce the time it takes to recover. Or we can keep going on like we are and deal with human extinction. And a bunch of other animals.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

AngelOfDeath

remember that movie Waterworld?  I don't think it will be so bad. 

AngelOfDeath

world has become too evil anyway. 

Dave

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 13, 2017, 09:20:58 PM

Sorry, was that supposed to be a joke?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 13, 2017, 09:25:16 PM
Quote from: Davin on December 13, 2017, 07:12:38 PM
Pretty sure we already lost, it just hasn't hit us yet. No matter what we do now, it's going to get rough. What we can do though, is lessen the impact, and reduce the time it takes to recover. Or we can keep going on like we are and deal with human extinction. And a bunch of other animals.

human extinction wouldn't be such a bad thing.  world has become too evil anyway.  the cockroaches, rats, and pigeons will find a way to survive and inherit the earth, lol
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 13, 2017, 09:25:16 PM
human extinction wouldn't be such a bad thing.  world has become too evil anyway.  the cockroaches, rats, and pigeons will find a way to survive and inherit the earth, lol

lol

We have a story, from apes through so much,
to have done so much and then let it slip away
it saddens me "lol"

"Love has gone away
Took the rings off my fingers
And there's nothing left to say

Please don't slip away"

AngelOfDeath

Quote from: Dave on December 13, 2017, 09:26:24 PM

yes it was.  Waterworld would likely be a best-case-scenario

Dave

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 14, 2017, 06:39:27 PM

There seems to be a contradiction in there, but judging on how other discussion have, er, progressed I think I will forgo the pleasure of pursuing the matter.

Hmm, Waterworld would be great for those who love fish and seaweed as a diet...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Giant hurricanes, droughts, raging fires, rising sea levels - it has hit us, but it will hit us harder.  Our 4th largest city was underwater a couple months ago. Our most populous state is on fire. It's just Act 1, but it's already a doozy.

AngelOfDeath

Quote from: Dave on December 14, 2017, 07:34:22 PM
Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 14, 2017, 06:39:27 PM

There seems to be a contradiction in there, but judging on how other discussion have, er, progressed I think I will forgo the pleasure of pursuing the matter.

Hmm, Waterworld would be great for those who love fish and seaweed as a diet...

i think we'd all learn to enjoy a lot more fish in our diets.  won't have butter to put with it though.  likely will have to eat it all raw too

AngelOfDeath

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 14, 2017, 09:09:18 PM

Giant hurricanes, droughts, raging fires, rising sea levels - it has hit us, but it will hit us harder.  Our 4th largest city was underwater a couple months ago. Our most populous state is on fire. It's just Act 1, but it's already a doozy.

yep, its gonna go from bad to worse.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 14, 2017, 09:58:53 PM
likely will have to eat it all raw too

No, just go to the nearby forest.  It will be on fire and you can cook your food.