Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: All Things Dog
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on April 22, 2018, 11:51:34 PM »
Media / Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on April 22, 2018, 11:14:58 PM »
Transitions Contact Lenses

Am I the only one who likes those eyes? :lol: They look so inhuman!
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on April 22, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »
It has been more stressful. If I had to describe the thoughts it'd be like a mix between the two.

Burnout? :notsure:

I think I know what you're going through. I went through the same years ago, until I decided that I didn't have to feel that way, that depression is a disease and not a sense of weakness or lack of willpower, and sought professional help. After a few trials with a few different medications things got a lot better. Prozac (Fluoxetine) made me feel a whole lot worse, Effexor (Venlafaxine) worked wonders. The latter didn't have the same effect for my brother, though, who suffers from prolonged depression. It's a hit and miss scenario, and depends on each person. 

I don't know how you feel about medication, but I strongly feel that nobody should have to live their lives depressed. Feeling sadness here and there is normal, but when you can't seem to pull yourself out of it for days, weeks, months or years on end then there's something wrong. 

Sorry about that, I am feeling a little emotional these days.
« Last post by jumbojak on April 22, 2018, 10:10:17 PM »
It has been more stressful. If I had to describe the thoughts it'd be like a mix between the two.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on April 22, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
Fungus?  :scratch:
Maybe you know something we don't.

Can I still add, misogyny?  :cauldron:

http://www.neatorama.com/2012/10/15/Salem-Witch-Trials-The-Fungus-Theory/

Eliminate witches and there will be no more fungus. Central American witches bring a Mayan Jungle fungus that is particularly dangerous for white Texan males.  I’m calling for a new round of trials. Let the Inquisition begin!!!

You bring the duck, I'll bring the popcorn! :popcorn:

:notsure: Wait...which side am I on?

:P

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Punishing puns!
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on April 22, 2018, 09:48:27 PM »

You always post funny stuff, xSilverPhinx:lol:
Thank you.

I try too. :grin:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on April 22, 2018, 09:31:21 PM »
I have to present a paper on Tuesday, and I'm trying to finish the damn thing but it's huge and complex...and...and...full of figures.  :cryandrun:
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on April 22, 2018, 09:18:48 PM »
If you don't mind my asking, JJ, has this week been more stressful than previous ones? Also, are these casual thoughts more OCD-like or more rooted in depression? I don't mean to pry, of course you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Thoughts like that shouldn't have to be anyone's 'normal', either way.
« Last post by Dave on April 22, 2018, 09:07:37 PM »
Normal for me is wishing that the truck coming the other way would cross over into my lane. And that's just a casual thought. This week through to taday have been almost completely empty.

Been there, felt like driving, very fast, straight at a very thick brick wall on the way to work. I was in the RAF so that was about 45 years ago, but each time it happened I looked for any reason, no matter how small, outside of myself, a task, a person (I had no dependent animals) to aim for. There is always something.
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on April 22, 2018, 08:36:26 PM »
That's a horrible way to feel, JJ. :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10