Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
That's a nest pigeon. Is the water feature a man made pond or naturally occurring?
Politics / Re: Deeper into the Trump Abyss.
« Last post by Dave on Today at 03:31:14 PM »
Despite Trump's spinning on the spot regarding whether or not Russia interfered with the elections etc. Putin has elected to nake matters more confusing by ignoring the Trump Twist and defending the Fat Fool.

But Putin seems to be further spinning things, using the situation to imply a thinly veiled threat regarding world peace. As has seen seen before Putin is a master at intrigue in a country where violent intrigue has been a constant part of their history.

Putin hails Helsinki summit as a success and chides Trump's critics

Vladimir Putin called his first summit with Donald Trump a success, and said on Thursday that Trump’s opponents in the US are hampering any progress on what they discussed, such as limiting nuclear arsenals or ending the Syrian war.

In his first public comments about the summit, the Russian president told the country’s diplomats that US-Russian relations are “in some ways worse than during the cold war”, but that his meeting with Trump on Monday allowed them to start on “the path to positive change”.

Trump now claims he was 'very strong' with Putin on election meddling
“It’s naive to think that the problems would be solved in a few hours. But no one expected that,” Putin said.

“We will see how things develop further,” Putin said, evoking unnamed “forces” in the US trying to prevent any improvement in relations and “putting narrow party interests above the national interest”.

Putin faces no serious political opposition at home, and leads a country that has never experienced a democratic transfer of power.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/19/putin-trump-latest-news-russia-helsinki-summit-response

Laid Back Lounge / Re: What are you Eating right now?
« Last post by Dave on Today at 02:48:28 PM »
A Marmite sandwich. Seem to want a slice of Marmited bread every day at the moment, have done since I started losing weight a month or so ago (stabilised now), maybe I was short of B viramins?

Dunno, but I have noticed that walking does not cause as much leg pain since I started getting out again. Wonder if there is a link?
Managed to find a red admiral today

Also found this strange duck . . .

Oh, sorry, it's a wood pigeon taking a bath!

Note the bit of wood in the water, there is often trash in it. I can remember when there were fish in and insects in and on the water. Now there is no sign of life and, despite the above shot, even very few weeds growing in the water. There is no smell but it seems to have died.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by Bluenose on Today at 12:31:25 PM »
Hot whiskey and lemon then.

As much as I like whiskey, I prefer rum for a hot toddy and as others have said, don't forget the honey!
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by Tank on Today at 06:29:06 AM »
Hot whiskey and lemon then.
Don't forget the honey!
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last post by Tank on Today at 06:28:17 AM »
It's Thursday now.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on July 18, 2018, 09:47:13 PM »
Today's Wednesday...and here I was thinking it was Tuesday. :notsure:

Ah, shucks! 'Tis better when it's Wednesday and you are thinking it's Tuesdsy - one less day to the weekend.

My thoughts exactly! :grin:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10