News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Islam makes your life simple?

Started by CHI83, July 16, 2011, 09:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medusa

Quote from: MariaEvri on July 21, 2011, 11:57:23 AM
to answer the title, I guess yes it does make decision-making easier.
examples?
a woman showed her face?
stone her
a woman drives a car?
kill her
a woman is rapes?
execute her
a woman decides to marry a man from another religion?
kill her at once

see? easy

After reading posts such as this one (in both gest and frightening sincerity) I don't think this is the audience for me to pass on what I've learned about those particular things here. It would be like being Peggy Hill substituting in the Catholic private school and teaching about religion. It would be futile. So with that let's just say I've come to terms with some due diligence in my research to know better.

(You have to see that King of the Hill episode to fully enjoy my reference!) :D
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Sweetdeath

So I suppose none of that is happening in the middle east right now?  :-\
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Medusa

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 22, 2011, 02:52:20 AM
So I suppose none of that is happening in the middle east right now?  :-\
It happens all over the world. Different excuses, different douche bags. You don't need to be a Muslim to kill. Look at Casey Anthony.

Also are people aware that the majority of Muslims are not Arabs? But actually Asian such as Indian and Malaysians.

I could get into the actual news that is in the middle east. But Middle East does not =All Muslims. My fiance's mother is actually stepping up and trying to recruit new members into the new Egyptian party. I can't quite find the website he showed me (I am sure it was an Arabic URL) but here is the wiki about it and its principals. THIS is the kind of thing going on in the Middle East. Muslims rising up against terrorism and oppression while still being Muslims. You should also be aware that Muslims are THE number one victims of Terrorism. You just don't get it shown on our news. Because if it's not Americans who cares?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Egyptians_Party

Tank

In my experience there are good and bad people and good and bad theologies. The problem is the combination of bad people and Islam produces a particularly violent reaction and arrogent/abusive world view. Because there are so many Muslims and some seriousy extreme versions/sects you get a large number (but minute percentage) of Muslims that give Islam a bad name. The other issue is the cultural orthopraxy of the arabic 'Wahhabi' sect is presented as the defacto true interpretaton of the Quran/hadiths and it is a particularly vile cultural spin on Islam. Add to this the pact between the House of Saud and the sect and you get people like Bin Laden with access to a fortune to promote their particulary dangerous interpretation.

Medusa please cut out the patronising comments, you don't know us very well yet, so ask, don't presume. Just because you go around putting people in boxes don't presume others do. If you don't agree with what somebody says then explain why, don't just dismisss them with a 'holier than though' put down, which is exactly what you did to MariaEvri.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

I think many Muslims are good despite what it says in the Koran just like many Christians are good despite what it says in the Bible.  Each text has at least as many nasty teachings as it does good; it boils down to what way the follower decides to cherry pick it.

I also second Tank's comment about not being patronizing....it's against the civility rule.

Medusa

Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2011, 10:16:54 AM

Medusa please cut out the patronising comments, you don't know us very well yet, so ask, don't presume. Just because you go around putting people in boxes don't presume others do. If you don't agree with what somebody says then explain why, don't just dismisss them with a 'holier than though' put down, which is exactly what you did to MariaEvri.

Well first I'd like to point out I was trying not to be patronizing. In fact that's why I added the smiley and the reference to King of the Hill. My point in my post was this: THIS is not the forum for me to express my thoughts on that particular subject. There is no need. I don't like to just speak to hear the sound of my own voice as it where. I want to converse and not convert to my way of thinking. Patronizing is something passive aggressive people do. I am not one. If I think you are full of bullshit. I will tell you so in no uncertain terms. I also made a point to mention that it might be in jest or in all seriousness. And since I do not know the members well enough just decided to chuck it and keep the conversation laid back.

I do not put anyone in a box other than the one they deserve. I don't do great with labels knowing full well I don't exactly fit one either. I didn't really give MariaEvri's post a true thought because it was too simplistic in nature to be true. I took it in stride but decided that tone is where the thread is. No need for me to get all long winded in a post.

You seemed to have taken me the wrong way. I am not a passive aggressive patronizing bitch. Just a direct one. :P

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on July 22, 2011, 08:09:38 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2011, 10:16:54 AM

Well first I'd like to point out I was trying not to be patronizing. In fact that's why I added the smiley and the reference to King of the Hill. My point in my post was this: THIS is not the forum for me to express my thoughts on that particular subject. There is no need. I don't like to just speak to hear the sound of my own voice as it where. I want to converse and not convert to my way of thinking. Patronizing is something passive aggressive people do. I am not one. If I think you are full of bullshit. I will tell you so in no uncertain terms. I also made a point to mention that it might be in jest or in all seriousness. And since I do not know the members well enough just decided to chuck it and keep the conversation laid back.

I do not put anyone in a box other than the one they deserve. I don't do great with labels knowing full well I don't exactly fit one either. I didn't really give MariaEvri's post a true thought because it was too simplistic in nature to be true. I took it in stride but decided that tone is where the thread is. No need for me to get all long winded in a post.

You seemed to have taken me the wrong way. I am not a passive aggressive patronizing bitch. Just a direct one. :P
Fair enough. However I would like to know how one determines the box a person should be in ;)
Whether you intended to appear patronising or not, that is how you came over in that post, just sayin'. I'm sure we've all been read the wrong way at some time or another, I know I have, it's the nature of the beast in forum land isn't it?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Medusa

QuoteFair enough. However I would like to know how one determines the box a person should be in
This will probably be off topic. As a Satanist I follow the rule: Treat others the way they deserve to be treated.If someone puts themselves in the dummy  box..then that's what they get. Someone puts themselves in the respected box by their deeds etc, then they get my full respect. I normally try to be neutral of these things until I see how they play out.

Davin

Quote from: Medusa on July 22, 2011, 08:09:38 PMTHIS is not the forum for me to express my thoughts on that particular subject. There is no need. I don't like to just speak to hear the sound of my own voice as it where. I want to converse and not convert to my way of thinking.
Was it just that one person that makes you think you cannot discuss those things here? I ask because I discuss things on forums not just for the betterment of myself or to convert the other person, but for the spectators as well. I know this is off topic, but I was interested in reading what you had to say on the matter and what you would bring in support of it, even if I'm not going to discuss it with you.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Medusa

Quote from: Davin on July 22, 2011, 08:57:54 PM
Quote from: Medusa on July 22, 2011, 08:09:38 PMTHIS is not the forum for me to express my thoughts on that particular subject. There is no need. I don't like to just speak to hear the sound of my own voice as it where. I want to converse and not convert to my way of thinking.
Was it just that one person that makes you think you cannot discuss those things here? I ask because I discuss things on forums not just for the betterment of myself or to convert the other person, but for the spectators as well. I know this is off topic, but I was interested in reading what you had to say on the matter and what you would bring in support of it, even if I'm not going to discuss it with you.
I think the one post sorta put me off to attempting to explain my position. Like I said, I am not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking. But I also didn't want to take over someone's thread either. I will say I get a tad hesitant to talk about my dealings with Islam. But maybe when Monday comes around I'll get back to answering those specific circumstances. Friday through Monday night I work straight through till about midnight nightly waitressing at a bowling alley. I'm swamped all weekend!

MariaEvri

QuoteI think the one post sorta put me off to attempting to explain my position...

I did not read the replies, but if it is about my post, I would like to apologize for putting you off. I only wanted to express what I (me alone, not representing anyone else) made of islam by 27 years of hearing about it. I am not interest din discussion, I only wanted to post my opinion. Since I am not interested in discussing islam, please ignore my previous post. There are many people in this forum more talkative than me that really do want to discuss with you.
I also apologize if my post seemed like an attack on you or anything personal.
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

The Magic Pudding

I think we all should have a big hug now, I don't want to stand next to Tank though, those tracks of his really trash your shoes.
I don't have shoes yet.

Sweetdeath

Someone needs to make you shoes,  Pudding.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.