News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2018, 11:28:45 AM
Quote from: Dave on October 18, 2018, 09:52:21 AM
Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2018, 06:21:05 AM
Gotta love cows, they are so curious.
Not when you are csught in the corner of a farm yard were a hundred large critters are crowding in waiting to be milked!

En nasse, in an enclosed soace, there are frigtening  they live half way between curiosity and flight. Had to persuade a drunk (on cider apples) bullock not to wander out onto the nain road, it wanted to play "catch-me". Big beast with big feet, big horns and a sense of fun . . . Yikes!

When I went fishing as a kid we had to cross a field with cows in it. We learned to sneak until the cows spotted us and the leg it if they did!

Ours show up when they think food might be on offer. Somehow they got the idea that I'm a bipedal grain dispenser so sneaking isn't an option. I speak loudly and carry an enormous stick.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Sandra Craft

On the subject of animals arses -- why is so often that's what they show us when we have a camera in hand?  Is it a co-incidence, or are they making a statement?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

So I went bird-watching in the mall today. Got some shots of a few fine specimens.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I like those birds, especially the owl. Here's a bit of rust...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 22, 2018, 12:20:06 AM
So I went bird-watching in the mall today. Got some shots of a few fine specimens.

Are those typical crafts from your area? They are quite colourful.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on October 22, 2018, 05:31:53 AM

I can see that Photomatix has opened a new range of possibilities for you. I love rusty farm implements and corroded surface in general. Here is one I took on a farm:

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

jumbojak

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 22, 2018, 09:32:34 AM

Are those typical crafts from your area? They are quite colourful.

Not really. The colourful ones are more like the type of crafts you find up north and in the northeast: strong colours and even a bit cartoonish.

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on October 22, 2018, 01:33:19 PM
I like how the purple came through in the second one.

Thanks. That's a very effective trick to juxtapose complementary colours. It's what makes the red tractor stand out so well against the green grass in your second photo (red and green are opposites on the colour wheel). Sorry, I always tend to over-analyze things.
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

xSilverPhinx

Bluenose

Official bragging photo of my favourite* granddaughter.

*So far only one, at least until 26 November when GD #2 will arrive (yes, it's a planned caesarian)

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett