News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Hello! New member here.

Started by Steve Reason, August 24, 2007, 04:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Reason

Hello, I'm a new member. I decided I needed a place to talk with like-minded people. I detest religion and ignorant people, and I can't help myself when I see them in action. I always feel the need to confront those that believe and preach such foolishness. I'm not sure why I do it. I guess I simply feel the need to divest people of their ridiculous notions. It's the same feeling I get when someone brings up UFOs and such.

I absolutely don't believe in the existence of any god(s). But my hatred for religion is separate from my atheism. My journey began with my hatred of religion to be sure. I probably wouldn't have questioned my belief otherwise. But I never let my opinion of religion influence my search. I came to the unavoidable conclusion that there just isn't any evidence for the existence of a god or gods, and that "God" exists only in the holy books, and the margins of science. I could come to no other conclusion if I was going to live an honest life. It was a hard truth to learn, but it is the truth. However, even if there was a god, and he was my best buddy, I would still detest religion-- especially the monotheistic ones.

Apart from all of that, I'm just a normal guy making his way through life and enjoying it as much as I can without doing any damage along the way. Anyway, just wanted to say hey, and give you a quick overview of what I'm about.

Steve
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

rlrose328

Oooo... it's a nice day for newbies!  Welcome, I'm Kerri and I, too, went looking for a place to talk to like-minded people as I have none but my husband here where I live... and I do love him, but we've talked it all out already and we know what we have to say.   :lol:

We share the same ideas on organized religion, Steve... You put it so succinctly!  Great intro!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

tigerlily46514

Welcome Steve Reason!!!!  Another Hoosier Atheist!  (Steve, i think we might be the only two out here....bah ha ha!!))  No, cuz like rlrose, my sweetieman is an atheist too.  THANK GOD!       :lol:

Can you believe all these storms we are having ??
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

rlrose328

If it's a cool rain, send some here!  I'm sweltering here in the NW!  And I LOVE rain!  (Well, not as much as YOU'RE getting...)  :-)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Ninja Donkey

Willkommen, Steve!
Very passionate intro.  I, too, share a distaste for the religious.  However, I don't think my distaste is as focused and, dare I say, mean.  I tend to go with the whole "live and let live" philosophy.  But, if challenged, i don't take matters lightly.  So welcome, and enjoy your stay!
"Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just god when he's drunk" - Tom Waits

McQ

Welcome to the forum, Steve Reason. Thanks for the intro.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

SteveS

Hi Steve - I agree, god is right out; but UFOs are real!  The aliens are among us, and their purpose is nefarious - hide your children!

Nah, I'm just kidding, of course.  Welcome to the forum (and good name by the way, I find it strangely appealing.....)

:wink:

MommaSquid

8)   Cool!  Another new member.

Welcome to the forum, Steve Reason.

Tom62

Quote from: "SteveS"Hi Steve - I agree, god is right out; but UFOs are real!  The aliens are among us, and their purpose is nefarious - hide your children!

What! That can't be true! I'm just viewing eight seasons of the X-Files in one go, so I'm definitively sure that UFO's and aliens exist!  :lol:
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

donkeyhoty

Aliens - no;  Zombies and Vampires - yes.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

SteveS

I forgot about the zombies and vampires!!!  Crap - I know that I can wear garlic around my neck to ward of the vampires, but I'm at a loss as to the best zombie defense?

Whitney

Hey Steve, welcome to the forum.