News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

Tank

Bad Penny II

I think it's about a chinese restaurant in OoKay.

It's still relevant.

[green ::) ]
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Michadoh

Currently listening to Maps by Maroon 5 :D

Tank

Quote from: Michadoh on August 16, 2019, 06:04:13 AM
Currently listening to Maps by Maroon 5 :D

One can embed a YouTube video too :)

Bluenose

The bass in this clip has sure got the pipes, so effortless...

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Michadoh

Music is one of the greatest forms of art that ever existed.

It has a lot of use some use it for relaxing and some use it as a form of medication according to the article I have read.

"Greek physicians used flutes, lyres, and zitters to heal their patients. They used vibration to aid in digestion, treat mental disturbance, and induce sleep. Aristotle (323–373 BCE)"

Which is really cool though I do not know how does this work maybe it sends stimuli to our brain that help us reduce our stress level which is bad to our health. I got a bit curious and read an article about "if an artist or musicians live longer" https://psmag.com/social-justice/artists-musicians-live-longer-lives-72840

Personally, I love listening to music that is chill and meaningful lyrics the one that I can relate with my life experiences like Maroon 5 lol.

I love to learn more about music and soon be able to make and edit my own music.

hermes2015

Quote from: Michadoh on August 19, 2019, 07:38:47 AM
Music is one of the greatest forms of art that ever existed.

It has a lot of use some use it for relaxing and some use it as a form of medication according to the article I have read.

"Greek physicians used flutes, lyres, and zitters to heal their patients. They used vibration to aid in digestion, treat mental disturbance, and induce sleep. Aristotle (323–373 BCE)"

Which is really cool though I do not know how does this work maybe it sends stimuli to our brain that help us reduce our stress level which is bad to our health. I got a bit curious and read an article about "if an artist or musicians live longer" https://psmag.com/social-justice/artists-musicians-live-longer-lives-72840

Personally, I love listening to music that is chill and meaningful lyrics the one that I can relate with my life experiences like Maroon 5 lol.

I love to learn more about music and soon be able to make and edit my own music.

I have played a bit with loops in Acid Music and, more recently, MAGIX Music Maker. I soon discovered that I lack any music composing talent. I decided to restrict my creative activities to the visual arts like sculpture, painting, and photography.

Nowadays I am just a listener to classical music, about 99% of the time. I've converted all my CDs into FLAC format and play the files on a Cambridge Audio CXN network player coupled to my quite good music system. It's all controlled remotely from a tablet or my cell phone. Perhaps we can exchange some ideas on the technical side of home audio systems.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Ruth B's 'Lost Boy'

The first few times I heard this song it came over my Pandora feed while I was working, and I remembered being slightly mesmerized by the poetry of the lyrics, her original voice, along with the simplicity and beauty of the song.

I like this line the best, "lost boys like me are free".

I loved being a kid,...there was a period of time when it was almost magical, and I wanted to stay a kid like Peter Pan forever. Something maybe to do with not being serious, just having fun, playing, exploring. The idea of being above it all, being able to escape into a secret other world.

That time was short though, the real world came crashing through my childish barriers, and leveled my understanding of the world real quick like, but... sometimes now I have moments where I can almost recapture the emotional state of that childhood dream, this song  certainly helps.

Anyway here it is:

Lyrics:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant