News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Happy anniversary, Velma!  Many more of 'em.  Our 41st is a week today.

Recusant

Happy anniversary, Velma!  Best wishes to you and your husband.   :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

Yes, happy anniversary from me to you as well.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Velma on July 10, 2012, 09:42:05 AM
Today (July 10th) is my second wedding anniversary!   ;D
And you're still alive. That's quite impressive  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on July 10, 2012, 08:29:00 PM
Happy anniversary, Velma!  Many more of 'em.  Our 41st is a week today.
Good Lord!!! 41!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

It's a bit puzzling - what's the gift for the 41st?  40 was ruby, no problem, but then what?  Melamine, Preparation H, Concrete?  Does anybody know?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: OldGit on July 11, 2012, 12:30:03 PM
It's a bit puzzling - what's the gift for the 41st?  40 was ruby, no problem, but then what?  Melamine, Preparation H, Concrete?  Does anybody know?

Cheese on toast.

DeterminedJuliet

According to this, land. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Wow!  41! That is awesome.  Hahaha about "land" being the gift.  You must rush out an buy Mrs. Git an estate, stat.

Our 7th anni is on the 17th of this month.  :)

Siz

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 02:08:32 PM
Wow!  41! That is awesome.  Hahaha about "land" being the gift.  You must rush out an buy Mrs. Git an estate, stat.

Our 7th anni is on the 17th of this month.  :)

My 7th is on the 23rd.

Congrats all.

Hell, why not...another group hug.... ;D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Siz

Anthrax??

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

OldGit

Thank you for that, Siz!  :D
Thanks for the link, DJ, but it only says land is the modern gift and doesn't name a traditional one.  That lets me off buying Mrs Git a property, I think.
On the whole, Pudding's cheese on toast is a decent idea.

Asmodean

Don't listen to them - it's quite obviously a time machine.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

I'm going on vacation tomorrow. A weekend in Rome followed by a week long cruise in the eastern mediterranean. Can't wait!

Will get you some pics from the Vatican.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 11, 2012, 05:48:47 PM
I'm going on vacation tomorrow. A weekend in Rome followed by a week long cruise in the eastern mediterranean. Can't wait!

Will get you some pics from the Vatican.

That is so cool -- I'm requesting scenery shots of the Mediterranean as well.  I'd wish you a fun time but I think that's in the bag.  Um, get a tan?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany