News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: OldGit on June 28, 2012, 09:36:21 AM
Quote from: AmicaleKinda like how as much as I love my daughter more than anything, and love spending time with her and being her mom... I get VERY cheerful whenever I have the chance to have an uninterrupted adult conversation.

With the accent on uninterrupted !  Don't I know it.  My grandson Cap'n B is staying with us this weekend.  I shall enjoy it so much, and pick up conversations with the wife when he's gone back.

Hahaha, this is so true.

Sweetdeath

I just survived a tornado that hit Maryland like 20 mins ago O_O 80miles an hour wind!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

I think news said around 65 mph here. It was pitch black at 2pm.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 30, 2012, 05:07:57 AM
Where do you live?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 30, 2012, 05:27:31 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 30, 2012, 05:07:57 AM
Where do you live?

About 3 hours east of Chicago.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Having my "Saturday night, done at work" beer right now. Best beer of the week.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Got a hair cut which my girlfriend assures me is causing me to bear a resemblence to Jamie Lee Curtis.  Definitely like that, tho I don't see it myself.  That she's continuing to suggest my hair would look even better dyed red I'm managing to ignore politely.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 30, 2012, 10:21:49 PM
Got a hair cut which my girlfriend assures me is causing me to bear a resemblence to Jamie Lee Curtis.  Definitely like that, tho I don't see it myself.  That she's continuing to suggest my hair would look even better dyed red I'm managing to ignore politely.

I'd take it as a compliment! Jamie Lee Curtis is awesome.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Reds tend to be the more lasting among the more artificial-looking colors. If you get the front and sides black and a patch of red layered in at the back, that looks very good on many people.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 30, 2012, 10:32:17 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 30, 2012, 10:21:49 PM

I'd take it as a compliment! Jamie Lee Curtis is awesome.

I do take it as a compliment -- I've always like Jamie Lee Curtis and am particularly gleeful that she's let her hair go grey naturally.  It helps me with certain arguments.

Quote from: Asmodean on June 30, 2012, 10:32:50 PM
Reds tend to be the more lasting among the more artificial-looking colors. If you get the front and sides black and a patch of red layered in at the back, that looks very good on many people.

No, just . . . no.  If nothing else, I am way too lazy and indifferent to keep up with the maintenance for dyed hair.
Sandy

Asmodean

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 30, 2012, 10:50:14 PM
No, just . . . no.  If nothing else, I am way too lazy and indifferent to keep up with the maintenance for dyed hair.

I'm lazy too, but I'm also vain.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Malakoot

Reasons to be cheerful .... hmmm I guess because we have more chances everyday to heal our wounds and forgive, to do something creative, to love and find great people, to do something helpful to the society, etc.

As long as there's second chance, nothing should trouble us much!

Asmodean

Quote from: Malakoot on July 04, 2012, 12:05:51 AM
Reasons to be cheerful .... hmmm I guess because we have more chances everyday to heal our wounds and forgive, to do something creative, to love and find great people, to do something helpful to the society, etc.

As long as there's second chance, nothing should trouble us much!
???
... ...
Something, it needs to be done.

Hang around The Asmo and you'll be fixed in no time!
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Happy 4th of July to the Murrikins.  I bet you wish you'd stuck with us. ;)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: OldGit on July 04, 2012, 08:50:05 AM
Happy 4th of July to the Murrikins.  I bet you wish you'd stuck with us. ;)

On more days than this, but we'll muddle thru.  Somehow.  In the meantime I'm making Brunswick Stew based on my memories of my Alabaman Dad's stew, my girlfriend's memories of her Texan mother's stew and a South Carolina recipe I found on line.  Between the three of us, I figure we should be able to cobble up some kind of traditional Southern stew.
Sandy