News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

It's good to see you here again, AnimatedDirt.  
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on February 03, 2012, 09:13:53 PM
Quote from: Ali on February 03, 2012, 09:02:06 PM
I don't care if baby Asmos think they're deadly.  Budhorse and I are going to load them all into a baby pram and push them around the park.   :P
...Where they will gorge on the dog-walkers, the dogs, the children, more children and then a few more dogs, then they will multiply, doubling their numbers, then mass self-destruct for 1.5 exajoules of combined explosive force.

There's an animated Monty Python segment that shows how this is done.
People come up to pram and say aww look at the little, and then ahhhhhhh as they are pulled in to be devoured.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 04, 2012, 01:04:09 AM
People come up to pram and say aww look at the little, and then ahhhhhhh as they are pulled in to be devoured.
See? You see?! The Pudding, he knows.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on February 04, 2012, 07:09:58 AM

:D Oh, how I love Monty Python... just THINKING about them makes me cheerful. *grin*

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

*skeptical*  Before I take the Baby Asmos out for their walk in the park, I will stuff them full of tofu and brown rice so they aren't hungry for flesh.  ;D

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on February 04, 2012, 03:09:09 PM

*skeptical*  Before I take the Baby Asmos out for their walk in the park, I will stuff them full of tofu and brown rice so they aren't hungry for flesh.  ;D

Why wouldn't they attempt to eat each other?

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on February 04, 2012, 03:44:39 PM

What makes you think they would not? They respect, fear and obey His Asmoness The Asmo, but that does not always extend to each-other.

A peer-eating Asmothrall's potential explosive force can be calculated as: P=p^(1+n), where P is the end potential force, p is the inital force and n is the number of thralls devoured.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on February 04, 2012, 04:12:22 PM
Quote from: Amicale on February 04, 2012, 03:44:39 PM

What makes you think they would not? They respect, fear and obey His Asmoness The Asmo, but that does not always extend to each-other.

A peer-eating Asmothrall's potential explosive force can be calculated as: P=p^(1+n), where P is the end potential force, p is the inital force and n is the number of thralls devoured.

You should order them to stop eating each other.  If one of them eats all of the others and gets bigger than you, he may try to overthrow you.  In fact, I think that you should let BH and I baby them all into submission.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on February 04, 2012, 06:07:36 PM
You should order them to stop eating each other.  If one of them eats all of the others and gets bigger than you, he may try to overthrow you.  In fact, I think that you should let BH and I baby them all into submission.
Sure, an Asmothrall can grow to an enormous size. The Asmo, however, has a strategy for dealing with the insubordinate ones.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Finally been vindicated in my fervent, yet unheeded promotion of the benefits of 'Clarkes' shoes for the kids. On my wifes insistance that they wear shoes from her posh kids boutique they sported attractive, but ultimately flimsy footwear. For the same not-insignificant price the Clarkes versions have proven to last - and remain respectably smart - until outgrown. Well done Clarkes, you may have our re-established and ongoing business.

On another issue, her beloved Scotland have given my England a good contest in the rugby. Nose bloodied, but we still won...!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Wessik

You english peeples all make me sick. Nobody talks like that! BRRRR...!!! "pram", and "hurm" and whatnot. It's not...natural...for a person to be saying such words, excepting "faggot" of course. A good faggot always brightens me day right up!

Asmodean, you'd best be watching the little 'uns. Myself and the cukui formulated a plan, mind you. <_< >.> OwO

'tis to be a battle the likes shall have the neighbor's watching, it is. :p
I have my own blog! redkarp.blogspot.com!

Asmodean

Quote from: Wessik on February 04, 2012, 07:30:05 PM
Asmodean, you'd best be watching the little 'uns.
The Asmo's defence really is quite fool-proof.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

I'm sure the actual Brits on this board will be offended that you have mistaken an American (me) for one of theirs.   ;D ;D ;D

Buddy

It's Saturday. That's reason enough to be cheerful.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Ali on February 04, 2012, 07:48:12 PM
I'm sure the actual Brits on this board will be offended that you have mistaken an American (me) for one of theirs.   ;D ;D ;D
Not at all.  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.