News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corgilover

Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2012, 08:46:15 AM
Quote from: corgilover on January 25, 2012, 04:02:23 AM
I'm done with my math homework and my Spanish that's not due till Thursday!
Good lord! Homework done early, whatever next!

Think that's something? I've already begun work on my research paper due Feb 8th.

Harmonie

I found out that an acquaintance (hate to call him that, but we really don't converse outside of band class.) is also an atheist.

It's just incredible to me because I've been led to believe that I'm totally alone. That's not based on rationality, I know, but still atheists are rare around here and it's unlikely they'll actually be somebody I talk to.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Buddy

Quote from: Radiant on January 26, 2012, 02:28:35 AM
I found out that an acquaintance (hate to call him that, but we really don't converse outside of band class.) is also an atheist.

It's just incredible to me because I've been led to believe that I'm totally alone. That's not based on rationality, I know, but still atheists are rare around here and it's unlikely they'll actually be somebody I talk to.

That is defiantly a reason to be cheerful.  ;D

Spending some quality time with my brother, doing math problems. Our enjoyment of math is one of the few thins we have in common.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

I get to see my beautiful little munchkin (aka my daughter) in 14 hours! I've been away from her since Monday and I've missed her so much!

NOTHING in this world is more precious to me than seeing her yell 'Mama!' and running into my arms for a hug and a cuddle.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Radiant on January 26, 2012, 02:28:35 AM

One day there's going to be a moment when there will being an atheist 'comming out' cascade in the USA. I hope it's soon.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on January 26, 2012, 07:47:20 AM
I get to see my beautiful little munchkin (aka my daughter) in 14 hours! I've been away from her since Monday and I've missed her so much!

NOTHING in this world is more precious to me than seeing her yell 'Mama!' and running into my arms for a hug and a cuddle.  ;D
I collect my year old grandson from play group 3 days a week. The class he is in has a window where you can watch what's going on. When I collect him I like to watch what he's doing rather than just go in. When he notices me I get a great big smile and he waddle/runs to the door and wants a hug!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ali

So sweet when your little ones get so excited to see you.  That is a very warm and cuddly feeling. 

My reason to be cheerful - I saw my cousin and aunt yesterday and ate dinner with them.  My cousin lives about 2 hours away and my aunt lives in Florida, so I don't see them nearly as often as I would like, and I love them both like crazy.  My cousin's little girl has started walking since the last time I saw her, and she is getting so big!  And speaking of big, my cousin is now 7 months pregnant, so she's got quite a a tummy on her these days (her children are going to be like 14 months apart -  :o - she's going to have her hands full!)  It was so nice to see them.  And T (my son) was so good with my cousin's little daughter.   :)

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on January 26, 2012, 08:08:31 AM
Quote from: Amicale on January 26, 2012, 07:47:20 AM

I collect my year old grandson from play group 3 days a week. The class he is in has a window where you can watch what's going on. When I collect him I like to watch what he's doing rather than just go in. When he notices me I get a great big smile and he waddle/runs to the door and wants a hug!

I must be having a sappy day because these both just made me mist up. <3
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on January 27, 2012, 12:17:50 AM
It's official. I just purchased my plane ticket - I'll be moving from Saint Paul, MN to Florida on March 26th. It's bittersweet.
Where in Florida?

Tank

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on January 27, 2012, 02:46:00 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 27, 2012, 10:11:11 AM
Quote from: RunFromMyLife on January 27, 2012, 12:17:50 AM
It's official. I just purchased my plane ticket - I'll be moving from Saint Paul, MN to Florida on March 26th. It's bittersweet.
Where in Florida?

Palm Bay. It's about an hour south of Orlando. My mom, step-dad, and sister live there.
From a quick Google that looks lovely!

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

People who put the h sound of a word first.  Like what becomes hwhat and where becomes hwhere.  I used to think it was funny when family guy did it with cool hwhip until I went to South Carolina a few times.  They do it on a regular basis. I am no longer amused  >:(
Edit:  Oops I meant to put this in the pet peeves!!
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

corgilover

frosting in a can. Life is good.

Guardian85

Spending the evening in the company of Bacchus.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.