News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

How history is distorted in the name of faith

Started by tonisz, August 13, 2007, 04:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonisz

Here is another guy who blame atheists and atheism for everything bad in history.
An example: “Multitudes of Christians have faithfully helped the downtrodden behind the scenes in their respective communities, while some have been used publicly by the Lord to positively impact in greater ways. For example, William Wilberforce, who fought vehemently against slavery in the 18th century” The obvious question is “he fought with whom?” With atheists? They were responsible for slavery?
The problem here is that the guy who wrote this crap insinuates the idea that only Christians fought against slavery. When the author states in the title "Atheism at its worst" and then wrties in the article how Christians fought against slavery, the conclusion is one and simple: atheists are the bad guys who enforced the slavery. That is, euphemistically speaking, hypocrisy at its worst.
Oh! I've almost forgoten the best part: "The author is a Baptist Preacher and Bible Teacher. He helps those grieving the loss of a pet to understand the Biblical evidence that proves they live on."
May Evolution Bless You!
http://www.articleated.com

rlrose328

Wow... that article is stupidity at its finest.  It makes me sad to think of how many people will read that and nod all the way through it, agreeing with that person.  So very sad.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

SteveS

On Fark, or slashdot, or somewhere, I saw a newspaper editorial where somebody wrote "even if the atheists are not criminals, they are responsible for the crimes".  Sure, that makes sense  :roll:

Squid

Some many people still have the incorrect association of atheism and immorality - we can thank the ChurchTM for that.

SteveS

Agreed.  How much of this is a direct result of Psalm 14?

Eclecticsaturn

that quite an article. very humorous. Its amazing the lengths these people will go huh?

tigerlily46514

I haven't clicked onto the article, sounds scarey enuff, tho.  I'm trying to limit my intake of christian stuff this week.      But interestingly, slavery was sponsored by christians, they were the ones who brutally kidnapped the people, saying they were 'bringing christianity to the heathens'...so Wilburforce was actually fighting the christians.  (who even used bible quotes to justify their slavery.)
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

Dai

...brain...melting....

Steve Reason

QuoteThat an atheist would try to portray society-minded Christians in such a bad light is simply outrageous. It only shows how very dark her world is without God. That notwithstanding, we are told that to be acceptable with God, we are to suffer patiently when our well-doing is called into question.

Christian, be strong. Let those who rail on you unjustly answer to God, for he is the avenger. You keep on for the Lord. Though society's cold wind blows across your path, though you are treated unfairly, though the whole world convene against you, keep on for the Lord for this is acceptable with him and he is the only one you need to please.

CuCkOo, cUcKoO...  :bs:
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

Churchworker

They were all lead by false prophets and followers of Satan.

Allhailtuna

http://www.ethicalatheist.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7041
Would that be you? :P
I recognised the title...