News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Steven Colbert for President, of South Carolina

Started by Amor Fati, November 01, 2007, 08:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amor Fati

Any of you regular Report watchers know this already but Comedy Central's Steven Colbert is running for president in the South Carolina Democratic Primary.  I would really love to be able to vote for him, but I'm a Texas resident.  Any registered democrats in SC want to trade votes with me?  I'll vote for your favorite candidate here if you'll vote for Colbert there?

rlrose328

LOVE Stephen Colbert... I know he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting anywhere with this, but it's nice to have that diversion.

EDIT TO ADD:
Unfortunately, the SC Democrats have taken Stephen Colbert out of the running:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071101/ap_ ... CpS9IE1vAI

Drag.  They're just scared he'd win... afterall, his fans have nearly gotten a bridge named after him and DID get a sports team named after him, so anything IS possible.  :)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Amor Fati

Damn it!  I guess now he'll have to run as an independent.

MysticalChicken

I'm absolutely obsessed with Stephen.  If he were still in the running--and if I lived in SC--I'd probably vote for him.

"Down in the hall, embedded in walls, hear them screaming.  Stashed in a bar, a brain in a jar, no one sees them.  Sucking them blind and draining their minds, hear them screaming.  Stas

Amor Fati

There's a good discussion of this going on at The Daily Kos.

edit
I'm going to talk with Laet about HAF formally endorsing Colbert, and changing our logo to a bear eating a unicorn.   Afterall, according to Colbert, bears are godless killing machines.

a_jaynepayne

I almosted crapped myself when I heard he was running!!! I love him, but my serious vote goes for Hillary...hate me if you want to love me if you can...hahaha sorry I hate that f-n song by Toby.

But seriously I had such an inner struggle when I heard he was running....
I AM AMERICA (AND SO CAN YOU!) goodness gracious all mighty atheist I love that book!.  STEVEN ROCKS....and so does hillary!!!
I LOVE GEORGE CARLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "It's all b.s. and it's bad for ya!