News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

You as terrififed as me of Roy Moore be elected to Alabama Senate?

Started by Curt, October 01, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on October 05, 2017, 12:46:15 PM
Any rule can be, and almost certainly is, subverted every minute of the day. Betcha there are lots of xtians who covet their neighbour's ass.
This reminds me of something I read the other day.
(I covered it for those of you with a weak constitution). :shifty:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on October 05, 2017, 11:16:24 PM
^   :picard facepalm:
Am I behaving like a truck driver, again?  :notsure:
~Sorry.  :(

Well...The joke is not as bad as the video Father Bruno posted in the thread, The future of the forum:shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on October 06, 2017, 06:07:26 PM
Quote from: Davin on October 06, 2017, 03:42:02 PM
I thought it was funny.

Father Bruno's or mine?
In this one, I was talking about yours, but since you asked I also thought Bruno's was funny.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on October 06, 2017, 06:08:52 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 06, 2017, 06:07:26 PM
Quote from: Davin on October 06, 2017, 03:42:02 PM
I thought it was funny.

Father Bruno's or mine?
In this one, I was talking about yours, but since you asked I also thought Bruno's was funny.
:lol:
OK. Thank you.
Jokes about a nun's ass donkey are funny. ;D

Curt

Funny thing is I posted this topic way before anyone new about his fondness for young girls!  Hopefully the issue will bring him down.  But who knows it is Alabama

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2017, 08:21:58 AM
It's just a sick joke that he is in a position of power.

American politics these days is often a sick joke.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

One has to wonder why the most virulent of Xtian (Alabama) fundamentalists are so permissive or even enthralled with the person of Roy Moore.  Is he not the embodiment of all that they disdain and deride as non Christian behavior?

WTF :query: :wtf: :foottap:

Dave

In these cases, despicable as any such offences are, a small corner of my mind still says, "The evidence is, so far, still anecdotal - no matter how many complaints there are,"

But, as these things go, even the shadow of the possibility of a grain of truth in such allegations is sufficient to encourage enemies to cry, "Resign," and colleagues to become concerned about overall party (or company, or faith) image. One can expect the innocent person to protest that innocence and the less than honourable to deny their guilt. Politics is a filthy game, even public politics, mob politics, that loves to see those who weild big stcks brought low. Whether justified or not if they are on the "wrong" side.

That part of my mind also goes out to those falsley accused. The number of complainants does not, unfortunately, necessarily equal the number of offences - though one is sufficient cause.

The more "normal" parts of my mind insist that resignation is the only option in such cases and only a self-serving slimeball will put self before a "greater good." Even if that "greater good" is actually a greater number of slimeballs of one variety or another, in that most wish to see their least liked perdon/party discomfitted, it reflects on the culture and nation as a whole.

But, it's also human nature and part of the legend at the basis of christianity.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

^ Moore's perception of the "greater good" is for all of us to fall on our knees and pray to  Jesus our lord and savior.  This guy is well beyond the deep end. He is an unbridled exhibitionist YEC.   

He also likes to wear cowboy hats, ride a horse, and display a pistol.  Alabama is not famous as a cowboy state but this unconscionably inept dipshit seems to have some 19th century wild west fantasies.

Praise the lord, there are a sufficiency of  numbskull Alabama voters who might well elect him as a US senator. Moore is on record as claiming that "Only God can solve the nations problems" . He is boisterous about the "sovereignty of God".   Quote: " We've suffered a lot in this country, maybe, just maybe, because we have distanced ourselves from the One who has it in his hands to heal this land" .

Pew research has found that the the states with the most highly religious adults are Alabama and Mississ ippi. Next in order are Tennessee and Louisiana.  In ole Roy's state of Alabama, 82% of adults believe in God with absolute certainty.  Seventy three percent claim that they pray every day.  If christian discipleship is the key to a healthy society, the states with the top of the religiosity scale should do better than those at the bottom. At the bottom are Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. .... Take a wild assed guess at which state has the highest murder rate per capita.... It is Louisiana.  Alabama is third.. Meanwhile the heathen  Massachusetts was the fifth lowest in murder rates with only 17% of the rate that Louisiana endures.   The divorce rate is 50% higher in Alabama than in Massachusetts. By the way, Mass' was the first state to legalize same sex marriage. Amazing isn't it Roy?  Need we mention the ratio of teen pregnancy, the out of wedlock ratio. The least religious states of Mass, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine win the morality or social justice contest so easily it is absurd. Sorry about that Roy, shit happens.

Surely Roy Moore must endure some sleepless nights by understanding that his state is much nearer Sodom and Gommora than the godless and biblically damned New England states of the North East. All them damned Yankees will surely burn in hell for eternity. NaaaH!.... he will not lose much sleep because he is secure in the belief that God will love and keep him.

Rant finished... Temporarily......I may very well be back later with more vitriol about this ill advised senatorial candidate.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken