News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Hey! Hermes, how's the hip hold--up!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on July 08, 2018, 07:13:54 AM

Nice of you to ask, Dave - I appreciate it. I am making steady progress and am getting more mobile every day. I haven't seen the dramatic recovery one hears of on the internet, but I think it's because I am usually not very active, so not in top physical condition. What has been spectacular is the immediate disappearance of the terrible arthritic pain in the hip I had to endure for more than two years.  Luckily, I am not in much post-operative pain either.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 08, 2018, 09:22:06 AM

Nice of you to ask, Dave - I appreciate it. I am making steady progress and am getting more mobile every day. I haven't seen the dramatic recovery one hears of on the internet, but I think it's because I am usually not very active, so not in top physical condition. What has been spectacular is the immediate disappearance of the terrible arthritic pain in the hip I had to endure for more than two years.  Luckily, I am not in much post-operative pain either.

Good news!

Tank

All good news. Glad to hear you are on the mend.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Anything interesting happened in the last 3 days?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

We are in an era of news overload.  If the newspaper, radio, and TV are not enough, our damned I- phones hammer us with news, much of which we do not want or need  to hear.   (pausing for deep breath)

xSilverPhinx

That's great news, Hermes! :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on July 08, 2018, 05:30:52 PM
Anything interesting happened in the last 3 days?

:smileshake:

Things have been rather slow.

xSilverPhinx

I'm thinking it's probably time to find another house.

Tank

Oh well. Trip to Dublin off due to RyanAir cancellation. 

Velma

Quote from: Tank on July 12, 2018, 09:02:34 AM
I am sorry to hear that. Is it too late to make other plans?
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on July 15, 2018, 07:05:50 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 12, 2018, 09:02:34 AM
I am sorry to hear that. Is it too late to make other plans?
We just did day trips in the end. But as we are getting almost all the money back we have a 700 pound fun fund! So we can do what we like pretty much.

jumbojak

I think I'm going to have to find a new job. I don't know who in their right mind would hire me though.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Quote from: jumbojak on July 18, 2018, 02:50:40 AM
I think I'm going to have to find a new job. I don't know who in their right mind would hire me though.

You'll be OK, it's my experience that right mindedness is an ephemeral state rarely attained often pretended/acted/faked.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on July 18, 2018, 02:50:40 AM

JJ, I got the impression you have a day job in addition to fixing the farm gear?