News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

"Why Trump Supporters Think He's Not Corrupt"

Started by Sandra Craft, August 23, 2018, 01:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Icarus

May I give that sweet little pixie a grandfatherly hug ?

I don't care who she is or where she came from, her picture is precious.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on December 24, 2018, 07:41:55 PM

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on December 25, 2018, 08:18:39 AM
Quote from: Icarus on December 24, 2018, 07:41:55 PM

:devil:

:snicker1:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

He had all the earmarks of a person with the handle "Maketunai" at AtheistForums.org. Got banned there, too!

I like what the preacher guy had to say. It's sad to see many people sticking to their guns for the Chump(R).

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 25, 2018, 03:54:58 PM
He had all the earmarks of a person with the handle "Maketunai" at AtheistForums.org. Got banned there, too!

I like what the preacher guy had to say. It's sad to see many people sticking to their guns for the Chump(R).

I was waiting to see if you recognised him.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

I still think that the litlte tyke is precious.  OK so she is a prankster..............Holy shit that might be her actual daddy. 

SidewalkCynic

Quote from: Recusant on August 26, 2018, 12:41:22 AMIf anything their heads have been fucked up by decades of listening to right wing talk radio and Fox News.
I have decades of listening to conservative talk radio, and I am going to claim that I am a very smart person, if not the most important person in the world, right now.

The government needs to be reorganized - why can't the people on your side figure that out? There are several people on my side trying to fix it - there are none on your side trying to fix it. In fact, Hillary Clinton and Howard Dean have denounced trying to fix it. You do know it was designed in compromise with racist white slave owners, and a century before the establishment of the social sciences, don't you???

Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 23, 2018, 01:19:47 AM
I found this very convincing.  It doesn't surprise me at all that Trump supporters and the rest of us are using the same words but meaning different things. 
QuoteOnce you grasp that for Trump and many of his supporters, corruption means less the violation of law than the violation of established hierarchies, their behavior makes more sense.
The problem causing this disagreement/division is that the government is inadequately organized - the government is not organized to properly review and graduate (the tremendous diversity of) arguments, including the description of corruption.

Eventually, the rational and reasonable people are going to recognize that we need to have a constitutional convention that gathers the diversity of people that the founders and subsequent generations could not gather to reorganize the public institutions that were erroneously established in compromise with racist white slave owners of a by-gone era of sophistication.

The founders, and subsequent generations, only had one simple formula to work with, and although, it accurately divides the government into the three parts, what they did not have was a formula for the subsequent divisions of those three parts; and consequently, what we have now, is a semi-chaotic mess that is politely referred to as "political gridlock," that trickles down in the forms of corruption, hypocrisy, hysteria, frustration, criminality, and violence. Although, we enjoy a better standard of living than most other economies, we maintain a skewed approach to social justice and tranquility, because the government is relatively unreliable compared to our advanced expectations of cooperative organizational systems.
If there were a god, then it would have revealed itself to me. There has never been anything more important in the history of Mankind than what I am delivering - scientific collation theory for the organization of technology.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 25, 2019, 07:10:42 PM
Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 25, 2019, 06:26:13 PM
...if not the most important person in the world, right now.

Oh wow.

He probably is one of the most important people on Earth. That doesn't mean that's a good thing or a bad thing. Along with Putin and  the Chinese chap. What a wonderful thought.