News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Hi Everyone!

Started by mathetes, April 13, 2019, 06:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Welcome Mathetes from the Land downunder!

Quote from: No one on April 13, 2019, 03:47:10 PM
Did you bring the tacos?

I did not bring any tacos either, but you can have a Vegemite sandwich!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

mathetes

Quote from: Bluenose on April 14, 2019, 03:29:36 AM
Welcome Mathetes from the Land downunder!

Thanks Bluenose!

hermes2015

Welcome to our little group of mostly godless members, Mathetes.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

mathetes

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 14, 2019, 04:54:12 AM
Welcome to our little group of mostly godless members, Mathetes.
Thanks, Hermes!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: mathetes on April 14, 2019, 02:14:47 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 14, 2019, 02:10:16 AM
Quote from: mathetes on April 14, 2019, 02:00:53 AM
I have visited Campinas, and I have lots of family roots in Varginha.  I also had the opportunity to visit Paraty on the coast in the state of Rio.  That is a beautiful area.  Unfortunately, I did not get to visit Rio like I had wanted...maybe next time around!

Rio is a gorgeous city, even with its many social problems. :tellmemore: I visited Paraty when I was a teenager, way back in the day, and it really is an interesting place...very scenic. If it's beaches you like, I would recommend those lining the northeastern coast of Brazil as they're generally warmer and not as crowded.

The beaches near Paraty were decent.  My mom grew up in Rio, close to Copacabana, so she speaks of it often.  I'd like to visit it mainly for the nostalgia.  But, I would also like to visit Northern Brazil's coastline as well, and I know a few people from Fortaleza area.

:hammock:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Hi mathetes

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

mathetes

Ecurb Noselrub

Your name is similar to the Koine Greek word for "disciple". Is there a connection?

Icarus

Welcome to our little group Mathetes.  I hope that you find us as frienedly and supportive as we try to be.

mathetes

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 15, 2019, 01:06:56 AM
Your name is similar to the Koine Greek word for "disciple". Is there a connection?

Yes, that is where I drew the handle from.

mathetes

Quote from: Icarus on April 15, 2019, 01:27:00 AM
Welcome to our little group Mathetes.  I hope that you find us as frienedly and supportive as we try to be.

Thanks, Icarus!  So far, it has indeed lived up to the name.  Everyone I've interacted with has been friendly and welcoming.

Buddy

Welcome to the forum Mathetes  :wave hi:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

mathetes

xSilverPhinx

So, mathetes, tell us about yourself. :popcorn:

Like, what kind of tacos do you like? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

mathetes

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 16, 2019, 05:59:27 PM
So, mathetes, tell us about yourself. :popcorn:

Like, what kind of tacos do you like? :grin:

Well, shrimp tacos are my favorite, especially from a little Taqueria in Scotts Valley, CA called Los Gallos.  Best shrimp tacos anywhere  :)

I also live in the USA, and I have five kids (4 daughters and a son).  One of my favorite places to visit is the ocean, and I miss living by it.