News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Give 'em hell JJ.  Those evil uninvited intruders are mean little bastards who take joy and perhaps pleasure from inflicting severe pain on humans. If you can somehow lay you hands on some Dursban, then the jig is up for the little demons.

jumbojak

I'm thinking brake cleaner. Two cans two hands, pound am hard and then run in a zigzag pattern back to safety.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 04, 2018, 10:14:58 PM
Giant hornet nest in the old house. A full can of spray didn't do anything but piss em off. I could hear the bastards buzzing through the wall after I made a break for it and was back outside. Tomorrow I go to war...

:o Have any H-bombs in stock?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 06, 2018, 01:21:44 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 04, 2018, 10:14:58 PM
Giant hornet nest in the old house. A full can of spray didn't do anything but piss em off. I could hear the bastards buzzing through the wall after I made a break for it and was back outside. Tomorrow I go to war...

:o Have any H-bombs in stock?

Sprays don't seem to be capable of penetrating the thick paper shell of the nest and I have no access to the opening without being extremely vulnerable to attack. They're clever bastards and built the opening behind some items on a shelf.

So, I think I'm going to have to make an opening. I'll borrow my brothers full auto airport rifle to knock some holes in the nest and be ready with several cans of spray. I might even "wet" the outside with chlorinated brake cleaner to prevent any surprise sorties. The best is too tough for liquid penetration but if like to see them fly through those fumes...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Don't underestimate those wicked little demons JJ.  They fight dirty and they have venom.

jumbojak

Quote from: Icarus on November 06, 2018, 10:42:54 PM
Don't underestimate those wicked little demons JJ.  They fight dirty and they have venom.

Anything that hunts preying mantis and steals food from spider's webs is something to be cautious about.

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on November 02, 2018, 12:47:06 PM
My last day at my current branch is tomorrow, and today everyone got together and got me flowers and a really sweet card. I'm going to miss them so much

No surprise there you are a lovely person.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

I've got goosebumps out of the blue on my left arm. So strange! It isn't cold or anything...  :scratch:

Essie Mae

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 08, 2018, 07:54:34 PM
I've got goosebumps out of the blue on my left arm. So strange! It isn't cold or anything...  :scratch:

It's God trying to attract your attention.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 08, 2018, 08:16:56 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 08, 2018, 07:54:34 PM

It's God trying to attract your attention.

Oh, thank goodness! For a moment I thought it was a ghost.

Wait... :notsure:

Icarus

Hmmmmm...........That sometimes happens when you are .....Umm,  how shall I say this..........sexually stimulated.

As the resident  brainiac, you are surely aware that certain stimulations produce  physical modifications. Heart beat, perspiration, goosebumps etc. 

Please ....I do not mean to get out of bounds here. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on November 09, 2018, 01:14:17 AM
Hmmmmm...........That sometimes happens when you are .....Umm,  how shall I say this..........sexually stimulated.

As the resident  brainiac, you are surely aware that certain stimulations produce  physical modifications. Heart beat, perspiration, goosebumps etc. 

Please ....I do not mean to get out of bounds here.

Heh, I am aware, but that was not the case. There's nothing sexually stimulating about reading a text on cancer biomarkers...