News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Woke up with a scare today!

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 12, 2018, 04:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

They've learnt to stay near certain lamps on the outer walls and eat the insects attracted to the light. It's fun to watch 3 or 4 geckos gather and feast on all sorts of bugs.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

I have dozens of little lizards that inhabit my porch.  Sometimes they find their way inside the house. They are not geckos but somewhat similar.  Even though I live in Florida where the roaches are, I seldom see one of the ugly little bugs.  My lizards are most welcome house guests for that reason.

xSilverPhinx

I like lizards. Just the other day, I was in the campus parking lot getting into the car when I saw a huge one calmly walking towards the trees. It looked like an iguana of some kind, but I don't know enough about lizards to be sure. It flicked its tongue as snakes do.

Icarus

My little house reptiles are no more than 20 centimeters long. Most of them are about 16 cm.

My location is inland in an area with a thousand lakes.  We have the most unwelcome lizard like creatures who inhabit those lakes.  They can be 3.5 meters long and weigh as much as 200 kilograms.  They are alligators that I dislike immensely.  They are not usually aggressive except in mating season.  I do not paddle my kayak among them during that season.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on November 18, 2018, 07:27:00 PM
My little house reptiles are no more than 20 centimeters long. Most of them are about 16 cm.

My location is inland in an area with a thousand lakes.  We have the most unwelcome lizard like creatures who inhabit those lakes.  They can be 3.5 meters long and weigh as much as 200 kilograms.  They are alligators that I dislike immensely.  They are not usually aggressive except in mating season.  I do not paddle my kayak among them during that season.

Yikes! Luckily no alligators around here!

(Only up north, nearer to the Equator)