News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Variations on a HAF Emblem

Started by hermes2015, May 03, 2018, 06:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on May 04, 2018, 08:48:04 PM
That's interesting, it comes up as black on very dark grey on my Android tablet! Thought it wasn't there ar all for a moment.

Must play with it, - tomorrow, too late now.

Well, I did download it - then it changes to mid grey on almost black. Ooer.

Try the red one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPWoBAxVwLQEe0BMQmyV6SNOafa9bUB-/view?usp=sharing

I compressed this file, so it's much smaller.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Recusant on May 04, 2018, 11:11:49 PM
I just spotted the fish on the fork handle. A great subtle detail.  :thumbsup:

The emblem is engraved into the handle.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Can we have a rainbow one please?

And I think we'll name our logo 'Rosy' after Tiktaalik roseae: An Extraordinary Fossil Fish

So we need a Rainbow Rosy :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2018, 07:14:39 AM
Can we have a rainbow one please?

And I think we'll name our logo 'Rosy' after after Tiktaalik roseae: An Extraordinary Fossil Fish

I like "Rosy". There are so many possibilities for a rainbow PNG; do you have any examples you like? These came up in a Google search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=images+rainbow&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPw4Cq9u3aAhUGvxQKHQy-AwAQ7AkIQQ&biw=1920&bih=956
― Charles Eames

Tank

I was thinking of making Rosy a rainbow on a clear background rather than a rainbow background. Does that make sense?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 05, 2018, 05:17:18 AM
That's interesting, it comes up as black on very dark grey on my Android tablet! Thought it wasn't there ar all for a moment.

Try the red one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPWoBAxVwLQEe0BMQmyV6SNOafa9bUB-/view?usp=sharing

That's a lot better size wise. Could we have a compressed black one please?

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2018, 07:22:05 AM
I was thinking of making Rosy a rainbow on a clear background rather than a rainbow background. Does that make sense?

You mean the lines of the current image filled in with rainbow colours? Perhaps you could do a rough sketch to show me.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 05, 2018, 05:22:28 AM

hermes2015, I agree with Recusant, you have captured the, "subtle detail," but will you be able to capture the, "member"s 'essence'" the way BP does? You know, that one thing...Bruce's halo, BCE's cat, my,  psychedelic spoon, etc., or will you work with BP, because he has done a great job so far.  :smilenod:

:notsure: Maybe Dragonia doesn't agree with me, but that's OK.

BP, Marvin, The Magic Pudding, etc., they are (he is) a loved and respected dinosaur, here. :grin:

I"m just saying.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2018, 07:23:47 AM

Try the red one:

This is much smaller.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WgX2sYPoBC4CJoz3VfQjtOjpxUVrl_Cv/view?usp=sharing
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 05, 2018, 07:28:51 AM

You mean the lines of the current image filled in with rainbow colours? Perhaps you could do a rough sketch to show me.
That's exactly what I mean. The current black/red logo done in a rainbow.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2018, 07:56:57 AM

OK, I will give it a shot.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 05, 2018, 07:40:32 AM
Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2018, 07:23:47 AM

Try the red one:

This is much smaller.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WgX2sYPoBC4CJoz3VfQjtOjpxUVrl_Cv/view?usp=sharing

Spot on!

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on May 05, 2018, 07:30:10 AM
hermes2015, I agree with Recusant, you have captured the, "subtle detail," but will you be able to capture the, "member"s 'essence'" the way BP does? You know, that one thing...Bruce's halo, BCE's cat, my,  psychedelic spoon, etc., or will you work with BP, because he has done a great job so far.  :smilenod:

I"m just saying.

No I don't think that's viable,
I'm seething with resentment,
ready to fork or spoon his eyes out.
Please don't tell him or anyone though.
It's not really true, just joking,,, mostly.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on May 05, 2018, 07:30:10 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 05, 2018, 05:22:28 AM

:notsure: Maybe Dragonia doesn't agree with me, but that's OK.

BP, Marvin, The Magic Pudding, etc., they are (he is) a loved and respected dinosaur, here. :grin:

I"m just saying.

No, no. Please don't see this as a "competition". I wouldn't dream of even trying to do anything in Bad Penny's class, let alone to usurp his role as cutlery creator at HAF. I don't have the creative imagination to make cutlery for HAF members - I know my limitations. What I'm doing is simply using the HAF emblem to improve my 3D skills in an attempt to take my mind off the hip replacement due at the end of May.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2018, 07:56:57 AM

Here is an attempt. Not sure how successfully it will scale down to a small image, though. It may end up looking too busy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VkKP2fc2F6nnt82gRvXwBlw1nw6jiiPa/view?usp=sharing
― Charles Eames