News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Syndicates and Progressivism

Started by Arturo, February 02, 2017, 06:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

So if you don't know what a syndicate is, it's an group of people that are run by the same people. An example would be a Worker's Union. And Progressivism is the philosophy that the "advancement in science, technology, economic development, and social organization are vital to improve the human "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism

My ideal (I'm sure many would agree with me) is to have a syndicate for the advancement of the human condition. Or a progressive syndicate for short. The problem is, many people do not want this. They want individuals to achieve on their own. Every man for them self, dog eat dog, etc.

If I had the power, I would start a business and educate workers on how to do their job better, and how to advance in their personal lives as well. I base this off the Japanese model where they educate their employees on how to do their job better, but they are stagnant and do not progress from one position to the next.

It seems we have the resources to do this as a group effort, but not as a person living in their home with no job living on disability checks. And with the rise of fascism in the US, it seems many people are paranoid, misinformed, and irrational at the moment. It appears on the surface that nobody is really willing to learn at the current level.

Maybe it's just a pipe dream but I'm willing to learn how to teach people, and gather my knowledge on things through critical thinking and pass that on to help people. It would just be nice if it was more noticeable among my peers.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Er, wasn't the ideal of vommunism somewhere near that in the spectrum?

Ideal conditions require ideal people - no such animal in groups of more than one!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on February 02, 2017, 08:44:16 AM

Ideal conditions require ideal people - no such animal in groups of more than one!

Kinda, but it's not authoritative, which is where China would be. It's closer to anarchy than to pure communism.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Apathy on February 02, 2017, 09:50:49 AM

Kinda, but it's not authoritative, which is where China would be. It's closer to anarchy than to pure communism.

Yeah, from what I remember there has not been a perfect communist state so far.

I like anarchy but, again, it takes ideal people - non-competetive, goal orientated, oodles of altruism etc  - to make it work. In the end stratification would impose itself. Unless inteligence was uniform across society those at the lowest end of the IQ scale would surely need instruction and management? Those with knowledge and experience might have to instruct and supervise those without, maybe beyond the normal education environment.

Does that fit into syndicalism as you see it? Perhaps ongoing instruction, even in work, is progressive if handled properly?

Edited to remove a sentence I was unhappy with, concept needed more thought and a chapter to cover adequately!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Gloucester on February 02, 2017, 10:37:45 AM
Yeah, from what I remember there has not been a perfect communist state so far.

From what I've observed there hasn't been a perfect state so far.
That's why I think we shouldn't seek to populate the cosmos.
It'd just be a multitude of dystopias,
The name she gave was Caroline
Daughter of a miner
We've tried religion to program ourselves to the good, its not worked.
It's past time we shed our animal flesh and embraced our robotic future.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on February 02, 2017, 10:37:45 AM
Quote from: Apathy on February 02, 2017, 09:50:49 AM

In the end stratification would impose itself.
Does that fit into syndicalism as you see it? Perhaps ongoing instruction, even in work, is progressive if handled properly?
Yes that is fine with me, in fact that is what I want. People coming together to inform each other on how to be better then they are now. That takes someone already being better and coming down to someone else's level.

But like I said, with the current landscape from the media point of view, it seems people are paranoid to trust anyone, or want people to suffer through hardship before they give them a higher social status. (Example would be minimum wage shouldn't be raised because it's supposed to be for experience and not financially supportive). And some people just want to do things on their own. So I don't know how applicable it would be.

QuoteEdited to remove a sentence I was unhappy with, concept needed more thought and a chapter to cover adequately!
:notworthy:
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 02, 2017, 01:10:15 PM

The name she gave was Caroline
Daughter of a miner

Clementine.  Oh my darlin', oh my darlin', oh my darlin' Clementine.