News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 17, 2018, 02:09:22 AM
Well my left arm is dead again. I'm getting more and more worried that surgery might have to happen.

Well get it done in case leaving it is making it worse.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on November 17, 2018, 02:07:25 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 17, 2018, 02:09:22 AM
Well my left arm is dead again. I'm getting more and more worried that surgery might have to happen.

Well get it done in case leaving it is making it worse.

Tank is right, don't put it off. I was dreading my hip replacement 6 months ago, but today I am very glad that I did it. My quality of life has improved greatly.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Yes, if surgery is recommended, I'd do it. I didn't realize I carpal tunnel syndrome until it was quite "advanced", as the doctor said. I had both hands' release surgery last year, and they are still recovering, albeit slowly. Part from severity and part from being 65 YO at the time of the surgeries. I'd say that if surgery is required, sooner is better than later, to avoid lasting damage.

xSilverPhinx

I agree with Tank, Hermes and Dark Lightning.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I think y'all are right. Scares me to death but I'm going to have to do it.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 19, 2018, 02:23:45 AM
I think y'all are right. Scares me to death but I'm going to have to do it.

You are. So just do it. Get it organised today.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bluenose

Today, the number of granddaughters I have doubled!  Renette's "baby sister" entered the world and is now known as Freyja.  Much upcitement!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Congrats on the new bundle of joy, Bluenose!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bluenose

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 19, 2018, 11:34:02 AM
Congrats on the new bundle of joy, Bluenose!

Thank you very much.

Born at 38 weeks gestation by planned cesarean. For various reasons my DIL cannot havea natural delivery and so it was originally planned for next week, but severe Branston-Hivks contractions last week put a stop to that and it was brought forwarda a week and 6DIL was givena a couple of steroid jabs to boost bub's lungs, and also to promote DIL's recuperation from her torn and over stretched ligaments and joints. Baby weighed in at3.6 kg (just under 8 lbs) so she was fully cooked. :D
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on November 19, 2018, 10:55:16 AM
Today, the number of granddaughters I have doubled!  Renette's "baby sister" entered the world and is now known as Freyja.  Much upcitement!

Congratulations!!!

Dark Lightning

"Fully Cooked"  :lol: Sounds like baked to perfect sweetness, to me. Congratulations!

Ecurb Noselrub

Congratulations, Bluenose. Granddaughters rock!

Essie Mae

Congratulations Bluenose. Granddaughters are great! That is a very good weight.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken